Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Week 3...Oh yeah, I'm On a Diet?

SAN RAFAEL, CA - OCTOBER 01:  Nutritional info...Image by Getty Images via Daylife

If you saw me eating last weekend, you would have been hard pressed to believe I am eating healthy much less dieting. Seriously, it was a pathetic sight from Friday through Sunday. Friday was beer, bowling, and then lunch at BJs. Saturday was McDonald's for breakfast (Sausage McMuffin with egg) and then Sunday was Red Lobster...oh yeah cheese biscuits and drawn butter. So much for seafood being healthy.

I would like to now take you back a mere three weeks to my first post, where I warned you all what my biggest challenge was going to be. Discipline. :D Hello again! You see, I knew..no I know how much of a challenge eating healthy is for me. Add to that my lazy streak that is wider than the mighty Mississippi River...and presto you get me at easily 40lbs over weight! Ta da!

Okay okay. I know dieting is not easy. (Men you will now see nothing but blah blah blah for the next few sentences, if you don't well it's not my fault. I'd skip to the next paragraph.) I am happy to report that despite my monthly visitor, who brings chocolate cravings and the #bitterhissingcrone, I have managed to be relatively well behaved this week. (I am sorry @lesliedickens, I know I am talking about your daughter you may wish to stop reading here.) I have stuck to eating healthy with the exception of the little green trolls who struck again. This time it was those lemon cookies. Not even chocolate! I swear the Girl Scouts of America are out to get me because I quit Brownies when I was a little girl. I just wasn't cut out for all that arts and craft stuff. Anywho, despite the bloating (yes, I too felt like the little blueberry girl from Willie Wonka) cramping, and general bitchy quality that comes with this monthly joy I managed to not (yet! heh.) eat all of the...well everything in sight. So I am going to call that a win and keep charging ahead.

(Men it is safe to return now!) I am proud to say that out of 2 days this week, I have worked out 2 times! Hooray! It's a start. Now let's talk about today's dilemma. St Patrick's day! (Are you wearing green? If not pinch yourself for me.) I am not Irish...but I damn well celebrate this fantastic holiday. I love beer! I love dark beer. I love Newcastle Brown Ale, Killian's Irish Red, Smithwick's Irish Red, really the list goes on and on. So, I am pretty sure the Irish don't make a diet beer. None of that 64 calorie crap we Americans have dreamt up. So I guess I am going to make a pledge:

I will drink my beer and enjoy it. Guilt free. However, I will have to work out every day this weekend to make up for my holiday splurge.

There it is. I will work out Thursday through Sunday to make up for however many calories I will ingest on Wednesday night. May you all have a happy St. Patrick's day and remember (at least for today)...



5 comments:

Leslie Dicken on March 17, 2010 at 10:39 AM said...

As the mother of a girl scout, I would feel wholly responsible for your problem IF my daughter actually made the sale to you.

But since it was some other evil little girl, I will just laugh and say "ha! another sucker!!"

Anonymous said...

Ha! Sad part is I didn't even buy the stupid things. Some helpful person at work keeps leaving them on the counter.

Lynette on March 17, 2010 at 12:59 PM said...

I ordered $28.00 worth of Girl Scout Cookies from my daugther's BFF the other day. I think I should hide them from myself, especially the Do-Si-Dos? Those are awesome!

Dara Young on March 17, 2010 at 2:51 PM said...

Testing a theory...

Robin Bradford on March 17, 2010 at 3:01 PM said...

Bwa ha ha! Girl Scout Cookies! I ate two boxes (those Lemon Chalet cookies are my FAVORITE). Thank GOD THEY ARE ALL GONE NOW. :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Enjoy every bit of your beer and I love your makeup plan for the weekend.

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie