Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Little Engine that Could

That's me. The little engine that could. I mean this is week four and up until today I have had nothing to report except challenges and failure. Well that all ends now! Woot! Woot! I lost 2lbs!

Okay, I know. It's not much, but hey we gotta celebrate all the victories. Even the little ones. I am happy to say that despite my utter failure at working out everyday over the weekend, I managed to not kill myself with overeating and got in 3 days of exercise leading to my loss.

I was so excited Monday (that was when I weighed in) that I came home and did 43 minutes of Tae Bo. Needless to say, I am a little sore today so Wednesday will be my next workout day.

I have learned a few things this week:

1. I suck at grammar. I am taking a self editing workshop and I couldn't tell a dangling participle from anything else that dangles. I am speaking grammatically. Get your filthy minds out of the gutters.

2. I do not like plain cottage cheese. Sadly this one of those bought it at Costco kinds of lessons. On the up side I have gotten a few interesting suggestions and ideas for recipes. I have one for a quiche I will try and if it comes out good I will post it next week. Promise!

3. Hard work and discipline pays off. Okay. I knew that, but it just never translates to weight loss for me. This week I feel like there is a direct connection. Let's hope the trend continues as I embark on the next week.

I have to say that having such an awesome group of supporters is actually helping take the sting out of the experience. It is really nice to know that for once it is not me forging ahead alone. Virtual group hug! *squeeze*

Now, I want to know...got any good cottage cheese recipes? If not got any other good diet recipes that are helping you get through this experience?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Lynette on March 24, 2010 at 6:39 AM said...

It's great not being alone. Cause when you suck and slip their are people there to help see you though.

Congratulations on the two pounds!

Robin Bradford on March 25, 2010 at 6:31 AM said...

Now see, this is the difference between me and you. YOU celebrate with Tae Bo. I celebrate with candy! :) WAY TO GO!!! I went a whole month losing only 3 lbs before things really started to kick in so have NOT been a failure.

Um....I have two English degrees and still can't identify dangling participles, so don't despair there either. But my mind was totally in the gutter. :)

Anonymous said...

That's the whole point of this Twitloss thing, right? To keep us all on track and helping each other out when we're feeling weak (like right now, when I'm DYING for an Oreo milkshake, LOL).

Congratulations on the 2 pounds lost! It might not be much right now, but it's a start! And how cool is it that you celebrated by going home and doing Tae Bo!! If you keep that mentality up, you'll drop 2 more pounds, and then 2 more, and so on... It really helps if you think of working out as a reward instead of a punishment. But seeing as how I have trouble with that, I think about the other rewards that come with working out: feeling better, clothes actually fitting, no more lumps, the look in your significant other's eyes that says C'MERE BABY!, being healthy... SO MANY REWARDS!

Keep it up! You're on the right track!

I wasn't a big fan of cottage cheese until a friend of mine made me a spaghetti casserole. The recipe is here: http://www.bloglines.com/blog/crmsnkatt (if it doesn't work, let me know - this is my old food blog & I had to re-blog the recipe).

Also, you might want to try some stronger flavored fruit with it. Things like strawberries or pineapple. It makes the flavor of the cottage cheese more palatable. If it's just a texture thing... yeah, I don't know how to overcome that, LOL.

-MamaKitty

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie