Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Day One Update and a Rant

I would like to begin a short rant before I start my post today.


My boss has like a gazillion kids and he can cook. I mean really cook. When he brings stuff to the office, he brings it in huge containers that feeds a third world country. I'm in the break room putting my lunch in the microwave and he comes up behind me and unearths a tub of barbeque wings and some cabbage that he's made with bacon, onions, and sausage. Then he tries to give me some ('cause he knows I can eat). The man is evil ya'll. I was severely tempted, but I resisted beecause I knew I would've had to tell you that I cheated. So IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT. LOL.
Sorry about that but as I type this, I can still smell the food as unfortunately, my office is right across from the break room.

Anyhoo, when my fellow twitlosers and I were tweeting about doing this and creating this blog, I was super excited. I knew this was the push I needed to help me achieve my goals. When it became five of us, we decided to pick a day during the work week to post. I choose Monday. I knew I needed that push to get myself moving on Monday morning. I knew I couldn't fail to work out on the day that I knew I had to post about it.
It's a good thing I did. This is what happened at my house last night.

• The Queen of All Drama was in full drama mode. She refused to get in her bed and I refused to have her in mine. She finally fell asleep on the sofa at 11:00 PM. When I went to bed, I carried her into her bedroom and prayed that since she went to bed later, she wouldn't wake up when I was in the living room in the morning working out. (We live in a ranch style home and I was afraid she'd hear me moving around.)

• Chunkmaster woke up at 2:00 AM in full tantrum mode. He does this occasionally. Screams for no reason. He doesn't really want anything. In fact, he gets annoyed when I try to walk him around or lay down with him. The only thing that quiets him is if I hold him and let him flip the light switch on and off. Unfortunately, there is only so much of that I can take. One, it's annoying and two, there is a reason I call him Chunkmaster. So Chunkmaster screamed for a full half-hour before I was able to put him back in his crib. Then for the next half-hour, he stopped screaming but he kept pushing the button to the musical mobile in his crib until he finally went back to sleep. The music was loud, I don't know what I was thinking when I bought that thing! During this whole time, I was glad that Queen was so exhausted from all her Drama that she didn't wake up.

• I set my alarm to wake me at 4:30 AM. It didn't go off. Or, I shut if off and wasn't aware of that fact (more likely-LOL). The only reason I woke up is hubby's cell phone went off at 4:45 AM. He had gone ice fishing with his family early Sunday morning and had forgotten to delete the alarm on his phone.

Day One: 10 Minute Trainer
10 Minute Trainer is a program where you work on a specific area for ten minutes. Usually, 10 moves in 10 minutes. Ideally, they would like for you to complete three routines. They have two tracks, the regular track and the accelerated track. I chose the accelerated track because the regular track gives you a day off during the week and I feared that if I had a day off, I'd never get up the next morning and get it done. (Please see the above bullets for my reasoning.)

In the accelerated track you perform a single routine instead of the full three on the day the regular track gives you a day off. They say that if you're short on time for that day, you can eliminate one of the routines. I'm going to try not to do that, because everything seems so concentrated. I'm paranoid that I won't get the results if I don't do exactly what they tell me to do. (Throwback from my Army days) Despite this, I foresee that they're will be days where I won't be able to complete all three workouts. (Please see above bullet listing for my reasoning.)

With the product endorsement (which you can't fast forward through), switching CD's, and the warm-up and cool-down it actually takes between 45 to 50 minutes to complete the work-out. Today I did Upper Body, Core-Cardio, and Cardio.

Upper Body. I've always thought my arms were great (very Michelle Obamaish) so I want them to look even better. As a person who hasn't worked out in a while, this hurt like heck and I wasn't able to complete all the repetitions.

Core Cardio and Cardio. This wasn't bad, but it still tired me out. I foresee this changing once my body gets moving again.

Things for the future:

• I need to push my furniture back tomorrow. 10 Minute Trainer comes with resistant bands, and a door attachment. From my front door to my edge of my sofa didn't give me as much freedom of movement.
• Sigh. I need to get up at 4:00 AM instead of 4:30. That'll give me time to write a little too before I get dressed for work. So I need totally change my nighttime routine so I can get to bed earlier.

Nutrition:


After I worked out I made myself a 3 egg-white omelet with mushrooms. I used my Omelet Maker to make it. Not the one shown here in the picture, but a super duper cheap one I got on sale at Wal-greens for $7.00. I really like it, especially for portion control. I can't fit much into one mold so it forces me to pay attention to portion size. You can't fit much into these suckers. With my omelet I had two pieces of wheat toast with a 1tbs of margarine and sweet iced tea. Yes, I know I should cut out the sweet tea, but Rome wasn't built in a day and at least I poured it in Chunkmaster's 7 0z sipper cup and drank it that way.



I came to work and began drowning myself. I have a 37 oz water jug that I filled and drank as I worked this morning. As of the writing of this post, I've peed six times.

For snack, I ate a container of Yogurt I had in the refrigerator. I was expecting that I'd want more, but I think chugging down all that water curbed my hunger pains. For lunch I ate a Weight Watchers Smart One's Meal, it was the Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla. Let me tell you about that. The picture on the box shows two Quesadillas. I didn’t know that only one constituted a serving and the calories on the box. One wouldn't feed my toddler, so I ate both of them. That was 524 calories. That's according to My Fitness Pal, but on the box it's only 440 calories if I double the servings. I figure since I drank hot tea with Splenda for lunch, that was no calories and I should be good to go.



So far today, I still have one more snack and dinner tonight. I think I'm making Tuna Casserole, but I'll see what I'll feel like cooking once I get home tonight.



Have an awesome day. Stay tuned next week we're I'll update you on my progress and how much weight I've lost. Please comment away. I need all the support I can get!



BTW, this is the real me. Just thought you should know. LOL.

9 comments:

Tiffany @ KindleVixen on March 1, 2010 at 11:13 AM said...

Testing comment, I will have more to say later tho...

Tiffany @ KindleVixen on March 1, 2010 at 11:19 AM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dara Young on March 1, 2010 at 11:23 AM said...

Hey Lynette...you're hawt! Just thought you should know. :-) Good for you for getting up and working out despite the family conspiracy to keep you up all night. And uh...hang on gotta go pee.

Anonymous said...

Testing...

Trish on March 1, 2010 at 11:34 AM said...

Oh I love this post!! So very real and personal! I am doing this with you all. I already started in January but it is so nice to do this with fitness buds!

Robin Bradford on March 1, 2010 at 11:39 AM said...

Awesome post!!! But, damn, why did I have to go after you? You set the bar WAAAAAY too high. Must spend the rest of the night thinking of something clever. using brain burns how many calories?

Pearl on March 1, 2010 at 11:39 AM said...

You've kicked off the blogweek with an awesome post Lynette! Loved reading it. Bathroom hoggers unite! Gotta go again! And just went 10 min ago!

Twimom227 on March 1, 2010 at 6:28 PM said...

This is SUCH a great idea! When I get home from vacation tomorrow night, I really need to think about how I can motivate myself to lose some weight. Thanks for sharing!

Tiffany @ KindleVixen on March 2, 2010 at 7:56 AM said...

Great post Lynette! Kids, arent they fun? LOL

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie