Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Everybody's got a hungry heart!

Sorry I'm late! It has been a craaaazy day. (I did warn you about the organization thing last week, right?)

So, what has been going on? As I mentioned on Sunday, two rather significant things happened over the weekend.


I bought a food scale. It is a nifty thing, I've been having a good time playing with it. More importantly, I finally feel like I'm doing something constructive. A few times I have been surprised at just how much MORE I could be eating. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but I had no idea, for instance, what a serving of shredded cheese was. I would just sprinkle. When I measured it, I was surprised at how much was on the plate. (I was using it for tacos.) I didn't even use all that I had measured out. I've used it to measure fruit and vegetables to try and get the right amount of calories for those things. I don't know if I will always be this consistent, but it certainly has been a big help so far.

Edy's and Skinny Cow both have single serve ice cream containers. I think these are the best thing in the world! I have like six of them in my freezer right now. Portion control taken out of my hands and I can eat the WHOLE THING. Yes! But, I have the food scale for when I run out of single serve containers. I still have two things of Ben and Jerrys in my freezer. A better person would throw them out......I am not a better person.


I made my knee cranky. I haven't exercised at home, or at the gym, since Friday. Friday night on the treadmill, it started hurting. Saturday it was iffy. Sunday it was flat out pissed off at me, and I sat at work all afternoon with an ice pack on it. Monday, I bought an ace bandage type thing for it, and decided to heed the advice of those who said wait 48-72 hours before getting jiggy. Today, I may try it out. Just a little bit of treadmilling. Not too fast. Not too much incline. What is a surprise to me is how much I miss it. I never thought I would say that! Maybe this activity thing is becoming a (good) habit.

Despite these setbacks (and it seems like every day is full of potential pitfalls) I have lost a total of 7.4 lbs! Good riddance!

Happy Tuesday!

6 comments:

Lynette on March 9, 2010 at 5:38 PM said...

Congratulations on the losses. I'm so happy for you. I keep on meaning to get a food scale, but never got around to it. I'm gonna make sure I get one soon. Also, thanks for the heads up on the single serving ice cream. You know what's going on my shopping list. LOL.
I'm glad your knee is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

There you are! Missed you today. :) Sorry to hear about the knee, I too face a chronic knee injury that gets very cranky wen I do too much. I hope you are feeling better soon.

congratufreakinglations on the 7.4lbs!

Awesome achievement. I probably need to get a food scale, but it might drive DH nuts. He! He!

Robin Bradford on March 9, 2010 at 7:32 PM said...

Thanks, ladies! Single serving ice cream is my new favorite thing. I need to go to a different store and see if they have different flavors. I can NOT be trusted when it comes to ice cream, so this is a very good find.

Yeah, food scale might not be best for marital harmony. :-) But, you never know. He might find it to be a fun gadget!

Unknown on March 9, 2010 at 9:59 PM said...

Hi Robin, congrats on your loss!! I can't tell exactly what you're doing but it seems to be working!! I also have a bad knee and have to be very careful. I take one liq Advil before I go to the gym and I do better. My weight is mostly in my middle so I really need to do area specific exercises. I prefer to walk outside in good weather and it doesn't bother me like a treadmill.
This month my goal is to eat better and move more!!
My quote for this week is "Fail to prepare or prepare to fail"
In other words, stock the house with low calorie foods or find myself eating hubby's baaad foods. Good luck to everyone this week making your goals!! Sue

Tiffany @ KindleVixen on March 9, 2010 at 11:37 PM said...

Congrats Robin, you are doing fabulous! :)

Pearl on March 12, 2010 at 9:49 AM said...

Congrats on the weightloss and sorry for your bad knee. You do not suck!!! As Tiff said: you are doing great so keep up the good work!

Hugs,
Pearl

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie