Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

Day Fifteen: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Sorry, I'm not very eloquent today. I ache and I'm pissed with my progress. Here's my week in review:











Monday, March 8th: I did three tracks of 10 Minute Trainer. I actually did good with food and ate a little under 1300 calories for the day. I was even able to eat a scoop of ice cream.

Tuesday, March 9th. I overslept and did not work out. I went to the grocery store around the corner from my work and saw some sushi samplers on sale and pigged out. I made salmon, baked potatoes and asparagus for dinner but when I was cleaning up the kitchen I ended up eating the kid's leftovers. I know at ate a least 1,350 calories for the day.

Wednesday, March 10th. I did three tracks of 10 Minute Trainer. I actually ate pretty good at work and when I came home hubby went to Taco Bell for dinner. I carefully researched what I could eat at Taco Bell and sent him to Taco Bell with a list. He didn't come back with anything I had told him to get me. So instead of the fast food friendly dinner I was anticipating I had 2 Steak Supreme Chalupa's which amounted to 700 calories just by itself. To drown my sorrows I also ate half of the bag of M&M's that hubby had brought home for the Chunkmaster. Chunkmaster got fed up with me eating all his M&M's grabbed the rest in his hand and scooted over to the other side of the sofa to eat his M&M's in peace. Not even eighteen months old and the boy feels like he can't trust me. The shame!

Yes, this one is mine. Don't ask.


Thursday, March 11. I overslept. No work out for me. I also couldn't stop eating. Though it was sorta healthy eating, like the no sugar pudding, animal crackers (do you realize how much calories are in those suckers), granola bars, and cheese bites. In the end I ate nearly 1500 calories for the day.

Friday, March 12th. My birthday. Who wants to work out on their birthday? Are you sensing a theme here? I am. I made Chicken and Dumplings for dinner using fat free cream of chicken and cream of celery soup. However, I ate two big bowls of it and the kids leftovers. Are you sensing another theme here? I probably ate about 1,400 calories for the day.

Saturday, March 13th. To make up for slacking instead of doing three tracks of 10 Minute Trainer, I did four. I didn't log in what I ate on Saturday and I can't remember what I ate for dinner. Wait, I think hubby went to Subway and I had a six-inch sub. I do know that hubby totally redeemed himself for the Taco Bell incident and brought home 100 calorie pack Twinkies. I had two of those Saturday as my snack. I don't think I did too bad wise calorie wise this day.

Sunday, March 14th. I did three tracks of 10 Minute Trainer and I think I might've eaten about 1300 calories yesterday. I made steak, baked potatoes (red), and corn for dinner.

So overall . . . I ate like a pig and didn't work out every day like I'm supposed to.

I'm not used to watching what I eat, so any tips, guidance would be much appreciated. On the good side, hubby brought me this for my birthday!


It was something I actually had been talking about wanting for a long time. Now, all I have to do is finally find time to go grocery shopping.

My stats:
Day 1: 155 lbs
Day 8: 150.5 lbs
Day 15: 151 lbs

Overall pounds lost since Day One: 5
Overall pounds gained: 1

I really need to get under 150 pounds and stay there. I would be totally happy when I finally manage to do that. Hopefully, I will have some better news next week.

Bye, bye. And I was serious about any advice, books, whatever you might have on healthy eating. Though I suppose it would help if I actually took my lazy self to the grocery store!

5 comments:

Unknown on March 15, 2010 at 10:32 AM said...

Ha! I was on the train this weekend. OMG! I so over ate, and I did it badly. Fried food...butter...grease! So this week we get on track and stay there together! We can do it sweetie!

Anonymous said...

I know how it is, trying to eat right & workout every day... It's hard to do! Keep up making healthy dinners. Eat slowly, since it takes your stomach 20 minutes to realize it's full & to send the message to your brain. Also, make food with lots of fiber. Fiber makes you full & keeps you full longer.

I don't know what kind of phone you hae, but I have an iPhone and I downloaded an app that keeps track of how many calories I'm consuming in a day. I think you might not be eating enough calories honestly. I'm 5'4" and 195 (goal weight is 155) and my trainer has me eating 1950 calories a day. Just based on my lifestyle (lightly active before the workout), I burn enough calories naturally that I need that many to stay nourished. That could be a reason why you're eating the kids' leftovers... I've noticed if I don't eat enough during the day (3 meals + 3 snacks) then I tend to overeat at night.

Keep at it! You'll do great!

(sorry if there are any typos. I'm on my iPhone & it's acting weird.)

Lynette on March 15, 2010 at 1:31 PM said...

Fried food! Oh no, I forgot to mention the drumsticks I had for lunch one day last week!

I don't have an iPhone. AT&T 3G service in my area sucks though I know of others who have them. I have Sprint. I use myfitnesspal.com and use what they recommended my daily calorie intake to be. I'm wondering if they're short changing me. LOL. But at work, I basically sit at my desk all day so I'm not very active here.

I'm going to check other sites though to see if their suggested intake is different.

Thanks!

Trish on March 15, 2010 at 1:31 PM said...

The fact that you are aware, you can make better choices this week! I always meal plan every 2 weeks, that way I know what to buy. I also eat before I shop, that way I don't buy things because I am hungry. I also have started to drink a glass of water if I think I am hungry, wait 15 mins and see if I am still hungry. This works for me most of the time. You can do it, don't be so hard on yourself! {{HUGS}}

Robin Bradford on March 15, 2010 at 5:22 PM said...

OMG look at the Chunkmaster! He is too cute! Him taking his candy to the other end of the couch had me laughing ALL DAY! Seriously, that is a man after my own heart. :)

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm going to pretend I was celebrating YOU when I went off the rails on Friday. Thanks. And look at that sleek and sexy new toy. What's the first thing you're gonna make? I've always wanted to try one of those out. Can't wait to hear about it.

You're doing good, girl! Hang in there.

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie