Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

TGIF - I survived the first week


Starting Weight: 192 lbs
Goal Weight: 132 lbs
Last Time’s Weight: 192 lbs
This Time’s Weight*: 188 lbs
This Time’s Loss*: 4 lbs
Total Loss: 4 lbs
This Week’s Hours of Zumba: 1.5
Total Hours of Zumba: 1.5
*These numbers will be my bi-weekly numbers as I go to the doctor to weigh every 2 weeks and my scale at home always says something other than the doctor's.

So how did my first week of #twitloss go?
Well with ups and downs but I am happy to say it ended high! As I wrote on my page I am starting the battle against overweight with a 0-calorie diet, acupuncture and Zumba.

The 0-calorie diet means I can only have:
Minimum of 2 liters of fluids (this can be coffee, tea, water and diet sodas, NO juice)
Vitamin/mineral supplement pills (3 a day)
3 cups of broth (NO soup)
1 spoon of vegetable oil
300 grams of yogurt or 150 grams of curds

And that’s it folks!

The acupuncture is to keep the feelings of hunger/obsession with food away and I must say it helps. I had one tough day this week and almost grabbed food to comfort me but then took a step back and kept my eye on the end prize (losing this damn overweight) and took a glass of water and a cup of broth instead. I felt like I won a war after that moment. In the past I have never been able to overcome the need to comfort myself with food.

I must say the not eating part is going well for me. I already suspected not eating is easier for me than eating just healthy stuff of little amounts of food but it’s going better than I thought, save for that one tough day I had. I feel great, I have energy, I don’t feel hungry or faint. I can be around food, handle food (I cook for my hubby) and not have the inclination to eat it. If it stays like this, keeping this diet up for a few months will be less of a chore than I thought it would be.

Another shocker for me is finding out I am looking forward to doing my daily exercise, Zumba. Okay, I’ve just been doing it for 3 days…so let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
I abhor sports, I loathe exercise but I love to dance and in Zumba I have found a combination of dance and sports that is working for me. Still this is the hardest part for me, every morning I get up and have to motivate and force myself to put the dvd in and start excercising. Once I'm at it I really enjoy myself but it's taking that step to start that I hope will be easier the course of time.

In closing this week I want to thank all the ladies of the #twitloss group (whether on the blog or just on twitter). Knowing there are more people battling their weight is all the support I could ask for and it’s helping keep me motivated to see it through to the end this time! Couldn't do it without you guys!

Hugs,
Pearl

Oh and got a little something especially for Danielle, on her request:

5 comments:

Lynette on March 5, 2010 at 5:24 AM said...

Awesome post. You are really inspiring me right now. I'm so proud of you, I'm actually tearing up right now!

Robin Bradford on March 5, 2010 at 5:56 AM said...

Holy COW! I don't know HOW you do it, but WAY TO GO!!! What is the vegetable oil for? I was reading along and came to that and was confused. Congrats on the 4 lbs too. That is amazing. Um....about that picture.....my boss is going to be wanting an explanation of why I'm licking my computer screen. If I get fired, I'm coming to live with you.

Pearl on March 5, 2010 at 6:13 AM said...

Awww Lynette, why? No need to be tearing up! And you're going to get me teary-eyed too. I am very proud of all of you too! And thankful that I have you to turn to when it gets tough, because I'm sure in the coming months I will have more of those moments. And in return I will be there for you all when needed!

Robin > The vegetable oil is to ensure you get the necessary amount of (un)saturated fat, as you won't be eating foods that contain fat but your body needs a certain amount of it to stay functioning properly and healthy.

Anonymous said...

Le sigh. *cleans up drool* Oh right! About your post. WOOT! WOOT! Way to go on the 4lbs! That is so awesome. It is true, having the group for support is amazing. And because we are all over the world it seems like someone is always around when you need it!

Pearl, can I just say it is even better in large scale. Wow! Thank god I can close my office door so nobody can see me licking my screen too!

Twimom227 on March 5, 2010 at 9:30 AM said...

Pearl: Your MAN is so hot! Thanks for sharing!

I don't think I would survive doing it your way, but I'm glad it is working for you. I was eating a turkey sandwich and green beans while I read your post! LOL!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie