Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

Being a woman sometimes really sucks


Starting Weight: 192 lbs
Goal Weight: 132 lbs
Last Time’s Weight: 188 lbs
This Time’s Weight: 186 lbs
This Time’s Loss: 2 lbs
Total Loss: 6 lbs
This Week’s Hours of Zumba: 1.0
Last Week’s Hours of Zumba: 1.5
Total Hours of Zumba: 2.5

First off I want to offer some my #twitloss buddies some mental support and apologize for not being there for them as much as I wanted this week. Reading and reviewing obligations and off line life just sucked me up this week and I expect it to stay that way for a few weeks. But remember: I may not be here or on Twitter that much but in spirit I am rooting for you all and sending positive, healthy, weight-reducing vibes to all of you. Reading the other #twitloss posts this week made me realize mine was pretty uneventful besides being very busy.

The not eating part is still going very well and I did lose weight but just not as much as I was expecting and that’s partly because I slacked in the work-out department. I forewarned everyone: I detest working out. So every opportunity I have to not work out, I seize with both hands. This week it was one day of cramps (Tuesday but I’ll get back to that later) and one day of killer headache (Wednesday) that led me to just not work out yesterday…But I had a serious talk with myself and tonight before bed I will do my Zumba work-out and it will be the Sculpt and Tone torture one, just to show myself what will happen if I fall of the wagon again…

So Tuesday I had a day of cramps and this leads me to my second reason I did not lose as many lbs as I was expecting. As my title states: It sucks being a woman and being all women here (at least that’s what I think, if there are any men following this blog I think this is the moment to stop reading my post now) I think you all know what I mean. It started in the weekend. I started craving foods, bad foods, really, really bad foods. Monday same story: I was going crazy with wanting to eat and I just didn’t understand why. And then Tuesday I discovered why: Aunt Flo paid me a visit and she brought me cramps. Aunt Flo tried to sabotage me, just 2 weeks into my diet. First with the food craving, mind you, I did not give in and stuck to my water, diet coke, broth and curds but still, every time I smelled food (either cooking for hubby or he eating his food) I would get that craving. Then with the cramps so I couldn’t work out and to finish me off, when I went for my weighing on Thursday (yesterday) I was feeling so bloated I felt like that girl from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory…Can’t remember her name, but you all know who I mean, the one who swelled up like a blueberry. And when I got on the scale I was so afraid, but I still lost 2 lbs.



Sometimes I really wish I were a man, because men don’t get visits from Aunt Flo. But only sometimes because other times being a woman really ain’t that bad!

Hugs,
Pearl

4 comments:

Lynette on March 12, 2010 at 11:20 AM said...

Maybe too much information but I think that was my problem too this week. Hey so now it's proven that on-line friends periods sync just as well as any other friends. LOL.

Robin Bradford on March 12, 2010 at 5:27 PM said...

LOL Lynette!

I am just so in awe of you, Pearl. Way to stick with your diet even though you had lots of really good reasons not to. I think I would have caved. I *DID* cave tonight and ate really bad things. Reading this has gotten me back on track!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome that you stuck with it Pearl! This is so hard and so far I continue to fail. But I will get it together soon.

Trish on March 15, 2010 at 1:21 PM said...

I know that my week is coming and I dread it, because it makes me want to eat things that I shouldn't. Congrats on your weight loss. Amazing!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie