Pages

Monday, March 1, 2010

Tuesday sounds like pie!

There are two things I should probably tell you right up front:

  1. I am NOT the most organized person you'll ever meet.
  2. I am not the most organized person you'll ever meet.

What that means, essentially, is that while I plan to have this blog written on Tuesday MORNING....well, I'm sure you see where this is going, right? :)


On a more uplifting note, this diet (I mean "lifestyle change") seems to be working this time. Granted, I never really tried this hard before, but progress is progress. I joined a gym mid January and I really like it. Do I go everyday? Um....no. I also have countless walking videos at home AND a treadmill. The funny thing about the treadmill, though, is that nothing happens unless you turn it on. I've had this treadmill for five years, and only this year have I been consistently using it if I don't go to the gym.


I've always liked to move, though. Ok, I've always liked the idea of moving. Oh all right! I've always liked to watch sports. BUT, when I'm watching sports I feel like I'm exercising.





You're beginning to see why I need to do this, right? Let me put the other piece of the puzzle together for you: I love sweets.

Pie. Cake. Cobbler. Donuts. Ice Cream. Cookies. You name it. I love it. It started when I was little and it has not gone away. So, realistically, I can't expect to cut it out completely now. I'd love to, I really would. I have friends who never order dessert when we go out to eat. I know I will never be like that. But, I am learning (I think) the meaning of the word moderation. A food scale might help with that, too. Forced moderation?




So....what are my goals? Well, Romantic Times is at the end of April, so I need to lose 54 lbs by then! My metabolism better get a move on because there is no time to waste! Yeah....that probably isn't going to happen, is it? Damn. In that case, I guess I'd better hope for a more modest 20-30lbs by the June 1 #twitloss deadline.

Who is helping me? Well, this blog (and all of you) for starters. There is nothing like public accountability to keep a girl on the straight and narrow! (Romantic Times sexay cover models are also a good motivation.......) SparkPeople is also helping. I love it for keeping track of what goes into my mouth (minds in the gutter yet? Goooooood!) It also keeps track of exercise, counts calories, etc, etc, etc. I haven't gone the full spark yet with all the message boarding and stuff, but I use what I use. Wii fit and Wii sports and EA Sports Active are helping, along with Leslie Sansone and her bad ass walking. These are all good substitutes for when I just don't have the time to go to the gym.

There really is no better motivation, though, than seeing results. Two pairs of jeans I barely fit into now fit a little bit better. One pair of jeans that laughed at me when I tried to button them now look a little bit worried they might have to come out of retirement. And, as of today, I have lost 4 lbs! Happy Tuesday!

8 comments:

Lynette on March 2, 2010 at 5:51 AM said...

Congratulations on the weight loss, ma'am.

Move the treadmill into the living room by the TV and use it while you watch a show on TV. When I was in the military, I needed help with my push ups and I would do them during commericials when I watch TV.

Umm, maybe that's a hint for myself. Time to practice what I preach.

LOL.

Anonymous said...

Great post Robin! I am so like you...activity on TV is great. Just don't make me participate. :-P Hhhmmm...where did I stash that stationary bike? Oh! In the office under a bunch of clothes. No wonder I haven't lost any weight since I bought it.

But Lynette, how do you do push ups with the laptop in your lap?

Tiffany @ KindleVixen on March 2, 2010 at 8:03 AM said...

Great post Robin! :)

I am not organized either, tho i have great organizational ideas lMAO

Lynette on March 2, 2010 at 8:36 AM said...

Danielle. LOL. Yes, that's what I now do when I watch TV, have my laptop in front of me. I need to cut back on my computer useage too. Maybe a blog for that too, but wouldn't that be defeating the purpose? (smile)

Umm, Robin went to your fitness club's web-site. I hate you. It looks totally awesome. Do you go to the Spa after working out?

Baking with Melissa™ on March 2, 2010 at 10:01 AM said...

for anyone not currently at a gym...CURVES has a promotion going on right now for a free 7 day pass. I have always wanted to see what that was about, so I went today! Whew! It was good. I know I will feel it in the morning!

Trish on March 2, 2010 at 10:58 AM said...

Great post! Loved reading what your weaknesses are..sweets! And yay for your 4lb loss, that is awesome!

Pearl on March 2, 2010 at 11:40 AM said...

Lovely post Robin!!
I am so loving all your post. I just hope I can live up to all of them on Friday!

By the way I am a bit scarce these days. Nothing major but have some off line stuff to take care of and I'll be back in a few days. So no worries, I will not have fallen of the face of the earth...

Robin Bradford on March 3, 2010 at 3:51 AM said...

Thanks guys! I, too, will be scarce a lot so I completely understand that. Work has suddenly become WORK and I really resent that. :)

No, Lynette, I haven't been to the Spa yet. I have a 10 dollar gift card, though, so it is only a matter of time! I hit the pool for the first time yesterday and fell in love with the place all over again.

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie