Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Help! I am being killed by stress!

I will just get to the point, I totally sucked this week. Seriously. How many times did I get to the gym out of my goal of 5? Zero. How many days did I actually track the entire day? Zero. *sigh* I mentioned previously that for me this is all about balance and I failed at it this week. My kids were a challenge. The preschool I am president of had a huge fundraiser this week. I had an enormous amount of homework due this week, including a final I still have to take today. I feel like I am not getting enough sleep and don't have enough hours in the day to manage all the things on my plate. But the truth is, those are all excuses and I have had excuses for all of my life. I can sit here and talk about the excuses some more or I can pull myself back together and make this next week better.

I am choosing to make next week better, but I am also realistic.... If I don't change something I am going to have another bad week. So, I asked myself last night... Tiffany, what is your plan? (talking to yourself, thats not a sign of impending craziness right?). My answer-
~Spring Break for my classes next week, I will use it to get ahead on homework and get caught up on my book reading/blogging
~Every night before I go to bed I will write down on a notepad my intended plan/schedule for the next day.
~I will get more than 4 hours of a sleep at night

Somehow even with my dismal failure of a week I managed to lose 2 pounds this week. I would jump for joy but I guess I am waiting for the shoe to drop and find out I gained 5 next week LOL ;)

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods



Oh, and as a side note... how many of us watch the Biggest Loser?? I pledged to lose my 25lbs through their pound for pound challenge last night, will you join me? :)

6 comments:

Lynette on March 11, 2010 at 5:27 PM said...

Don't worry, you're not alone. I've had a sucky week too. It seems like I'm craving food constantly.

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is...reference yesterdays post! LOL! Hugs to you. You're right though to focus on next week instead of this week. I am doing the same.

WEIGHT LESS NOT MORE on March 11, 2010 at 5:41 PM said...

It's just a little setback. You'll get back on track next week. Keep positive!

Unknown on March 11, 2010 at 7:42 PM said...

Whew, I'm exhausted just reading about your week!! LOL!! If that's what your life is like you just have to cut yourself some slack and try to relax when you can. For you and all of us you need to plan and have healthy foods and snacks available. You're getting some exercise with all your running around. Hey, just running stairs at home counts, that's what I say to myself. Congrats on your weight loss, something is working for you!! Hope next week is calmer!!

Robin Bradford on March 12, 2010 at 9:26 AM said...

Hey, I think we are all being too hard on ourselves! If you look at it as before maybe you wouldn't have even NOTICED that you didn't track, or go to the gym, and now you DO notice it, that's a win. Right? And if you do everything right all the time how can you have any room for improvement? I, too, am exhausted reading the last two days worth of posts! I don't know how ya'll do it. But you do AND still have time to encourage others, and post to twitter/blogs, and pay attention (even if it isn't your full attention) to what you eat and how you move. You should feel really proud. But, in case you don't, I'll be proud of you for you! :)


On another note, someone brought donuts to our meeting today.....AND they ordered Jimmy Johns for lunch. Luckily, I had brought my lunch but DAMN did they all look delicious.

Pearl on March 12, 2010 at 9:56 AM said...

You do not suck Tiff! Just the way you don't dwell on the bad week and decide to make the next week better is enough to show that you are working on it and I am very proud of how you juggle all the stress and do all that you do!

And way to go on the weightloss!

Hugs,
Pearl

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie