Pages

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hungry like the wolf


It's lunchtime!!!! In an effort to make this a better week, I'm eating a Cafe Steamer with shrimp and chicken (260 cal.) I've had all healthy snacks today. It's a good start to the week. Last week, I learned the hard lesson of what happens when you put off going to the grocery store. It's so easy to just zip through the drive up and order something. And, even if you try to order the healthy way (whopper jr. with cheese, no mayo = 300 cal) it's still a killer in things like sodium, etc. Healthier than what I COULD have had, certainly, but still. Snacks? Forget it. It is so much easier to go out to eat and NOT order cake (or creme brulee....or whatever...) when you have some kind of treat at home.


Someone said earlier that failing to plan is planning to fail. I think I lived that last week. Add to that the fact that I only worked out for three days.....yeah. Fail. Capital F. But that was last week. So, from Tuesday to Tuesday, I'm going to try and update my page with total calorie counts and workout times. That is the only way I'll be motivated enough to get out of bed and get it done. I haven't done much else on my page yet (and don't think I don't realize what a slacker I am compared to the rest of you! I know!!) so this could maybe work. Three days isn't bad, but it was supposed to be five days. I already gave myself two days off! Four days off just isn't in the plan.
So, this week is all about planning to NOT fail. Although, I lost two more pounds this week so maybe failure ain't so bad.....
Happy Tuesday!




6 comments:

Trish on March 23, 2010 at 10:02 AM said...

Robin that is great and I love your plan motto this week! Awesomeness!

Anonymous said...

Leading a busy lifestyle is the most difficult part of dieting - because it is easier to go through the drive-thru than it is to make a meal at home. I don't work right now, but I do go to school full time and I always feel like I have a million and five things to go (errands, taking care of my sick mom, taking care of my daughter, etc).

I'm proud of you for going the "lighter" version in getting the whopper jr. without mayo. I always succumb to the lure of a burger with everything on it (which is why I'm forcing myself not to go through the drive-thru anymore).

You'll do better this week! And even if you don't, maybe you'll drop another 2 pounds. :)

My weightloss (twitloss, LOL) journal: Not So Pleasantly Plump

Anonymous said...

Well here's a woot! woot! for the 2lb loss. And, keep on truckin' for next week. I also like the saying...I'd rather have luck than skill on my side anytime! LOL!

Lynette on March 23, 2010 at 10:38 AM said...

Awesome job. I wish you a lot of luck this week.

Pearl on March 23, 2010 at 3:17 PM said...

Congrats on the loss and I'm sure you'll do great next week. With the planning and all!

Unknown on March 23, 2010 at 10:56 PM said...

Congrats on your loss Robin!! I think you're on the right track with recording workouts and calories. Also if you have to report what you ate it keeps you in line somewhat. I am the believer in the fail to plan saying. I'm taking a week off from weighing since I wasn't seeing any loss. I can see a difference in my clothes and that's what matters!! I worked out 3xs last week and that's BIG for me!! LOL!! Good luck to all this week!! Sue

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie