Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 8: This Is Hard Work


Sorry that I'm posting late. Last week had been a busy week, and it's looking like this week will be the same.

FITNESS:

I've worked out every day this week with the exception of Saturday. I'm still following Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer program. I'm feeling really annoyed that I missed Saturday, but Queen had a friend over Friday night for a sleep over. Believe me, after chasing after two six-year-olds Friday night and all day Saturday, I overslept Saturday morning and had no energy to get up and work out. I do think I deserve something for getting up Sunday morning and working out. Those girls really wore me out!

I'm still hoping that I'll make up that day some day this week. Maybe on the night before I only have the one work out to do in the morning, do the work out before that the night before? I'm not sure. I hate not being on schedule where I'm supposed to be, some part of me NEEDS to be on the day that I'm supposed to. Its Day 8 since I started working on this and by dog on it, I should be on Day 8 of my workout. Yes, I'm aware that I have issues. Sue me!

I still can't get through every exercise on the work-out without pausing and huffing and puffing, but at least I know most of the moves (especially the cardio ones). From looking at the schedule there is heavy influence of cardio during the first two weeks and then it gets into the harder stuff, to sculpt you, I suppose. I don't really see a difference in my body as of yet. But I hope I'll notice something at the end of next week.

(PAUSE IN BLOG WRITING TO ADD THAT I'M GONNA KILL MY BOSS AS HE JUST POPPED SOME POPCORN AND MY STOMACH IS GROWLING! GRRRR, GRRR, GRRRR)

Back to my regularly scheduled program.

NUTRITION:

Tuesday sucked for me. Inside my desk I had a bag of Pistachio nuts. I had carefully counted out how much I could have. Then the next thing you knew, the whole darn bag was gone. Not sure what happened there, but I have knocked Pistachio nuts off of my approved snack list. I've determined that they're my potato chips. I have to make another run to the store soon and stock up on some new snacks and some fruits and veggies for snacks.

Portion control is also a biggie for me. I make something healthy but then I keep eating and eating it. Sigh. I'm so used to eating two or three helpings. Though I'm doing better than I anticipated. Nine days ago, I would come to work without eating breakfast, then get hungry and troll people's desk for candy. Then I'd either go out to lunch or order a big lunch from a restaurant that delivers. I didn't do that all week. Well, I did go to Bob Evans on Friday but I ordered from their Fit Menu and just had some scrambled eggs, toast, and a parfait. I didn't even eat all the parfait because I felt full. My biggest downfall is boredom at home and eating off Queen's (Chunkmaster doesn't leave left over's) plates or dishing myself up another bowl of something.

Another big issue for me this week was Queen's sixth birthday. I did succumb and eat one pepperoni pizza, a piece of cake, and a scoop of ice-cream. I should feel guilty about that but it was very good!

My birthday is Friday! I'm not ordering cake and since I spent all my money on Queen's birthday, I doubt I'll do anything for mine. Basically, I think I'm screwed on my birthday until the Queen turns eighteen. At least Chunkmaster and hubby's birthday are close together too, so I'm not suffering alone.

Results. I know that's what you're looking for, huh? Well, to be honest I'm confused about that. I stepped on my scale this morning and it said 150.5. Which means I lost 4.5 lbs, but then I get to work and step on the little scale that we have here, and it says 153 something, so who knows. I'm gonna go with my home scale because, well the numbers are better.


Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter



To be honest, I don't feel like I lost weight yet. And my weight usually fluctuates between 150 and 155, I really believe the real test will be the end of next week. I'll be doing the happy dance if I manage to get under 150 lbs. I hope that happens.

Until next time. Have an awesome week!

7 comments:

Robin Bradford on March 8, 2010 at 3:09 PM said...

First of all, WAY TO GO on the loss! That is pretty awesome.

I think, in the long run, the fun of sharing in your daughter's birthday instead of being miserable is worth it. I guess I'd look at it like how much would I have had if I wasn't paying any attention at all? Two scoops of ice cream? Three pieces of pizza? (damn, now I'm hungry and I just had dinner!) LOL. Fun food in moderation, right?

Whatever you did, it worked. Keep it up!

Unknown on March 8, 2010 at 5:59 PM said...

Hi Lynette, nice post!!! I'm a Twitter friend of Danielle Y and I see she didn't comment today. I've only dieted one time so I'm not an expert by any means but I did do a plan for over a year. One thing I found was no 2 scales will ever be the same, pick one and stick with it. I weighed once a week and always in the am before I ate anything. I was taught don't really worry about the scale or you'll go crazy with the fluctuations. I was told to pick an article of clothes that doesn't fit, won't zip or maybe won't button. This is your goal, to get into it and you try it on from time to time. This worked for me!! Congrats on your loss this week!! Sue ( QLady48)

Twimom227 on March 8, 2010 at 6:10 PM said...

Sounds to me like you are beating yourself up too much. You made some great improvements this week! Keep it up!!

Lynette on March 9, 2010 at 6:03 AM said...

Busy at work, so I haven't logged onto Twitter this morning. Trying to avoid temptation. I know I'm beating myself up. Plus I'm getting to be a scale Nazi (LOL). I'm not going to worry about it too much. I did overslept this morning and missed another workout. GAAHHH. But the good news is that I was able to eat a scoop of ice cream last night because I had a bunch of calories left over. Yippee!

Everyone keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

A day late, but I will update everyone on Monday's drama in my post this week! Whew! Congrats on the loss! And Sue is right. Pick one scale and use that one for all weigh ins. Every scale is calibrated differently, so it is about what you lost, not the actual numbers!

FYI...I detest the Dr.'s office scale. It is much meaner than my home scale. ROFL!

Pearl on March 9, 2010 at 11:11 AM said...

I'm awfully late to the party too, because I am trying to catch up on my reading and reviewing I am limiting my computer time (especially Twitter and blog hopping) but wanted to sign in just to congratulate Lynette on her weighloss! WTG girl!

I can relate about the scales, my doctor's scale always shows at least 2 lbs more than my scale at home, that's why I only use the weighing at the doctor's for my updates.

I am sorry I can't be more supportive at the moment for my twitloss buddies but March is a very busy reading and reviewing month for me...I hope to be back full force in a few weeks!

Hugs,
Pearl

Tiffany @ KindleVixen on March 9, 2010 at 11:35 PM said...

Congrats on the loss Lynette! I hope it sticks around for you next week :) Keep up the good work this week, it is all about babysteps!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie