Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

Queen of the Slackers? Yup, that would be me!


Starting Weight: 192 lbs
Goal Weight: 132 lbs
Last Time’s Weight: 188 lbs
This Time’s Weight: 186 lbs
This Time’s Loss: 2 lbs
Total Loss: 6 lbs
This Week’s Hours of Zumba: 0.0
Last Week’s Hours of Zumba: 1.0
Total Hours of Zumba: 2.5

You see the hours of Zumba this week? No? Are you sure you don’t see them? That’s right…that’s because I didn’t Zumba this week.
As I said last week in my post: I forewarned you. I do not like to work out and in week three I have already fallen off the wagon where working out is concerned.
I can use the excuse of being awefully busy, busy, busy but I can also be honest and say to myself that there is ALWAYS time to squeeze in 20/30 minutes of Zumba. No I must face the fact that I am a SLACKER!
I cling to every excuse not to work out and even Zumba which is so much like dancing has fallen victim to my lazy-ass attitude towards working out.

Okay now that I have acknowledged the problem I know what to do: I need to get back on the exercise wagon and I have asked hubby to help me: He has orders to make sure I Zumba tomorrow so I can get into the groove again of my daily work-outs. I.CAN.DO.THIS!

On another matter I had a day with BFF today (which is the reason this post is so late). It was something we'd planned before I even had an inkling of starting this 0-calories diet and when she heard I was doing this she asked if it wasn't better to cancel as we had a lunch planned as a highlight in our day. I thought long and hard and then decided that I didn't want the dieting to mess up my social life or to control it. So I said to her we weren't cancelling. I would make it work and I did!
I took my broth with me and decided I'd take that and a lot of water, tea and diet coke if I didn't find a way to eat something that wouldn't interfere with my diet.
When we got to the place where we were supposed to have lunch, I looked long and hard at the menu and there was a lot of good stuff on it and I was really in doubt of what to do.
Finally I decided to break the three-week fast and order a tuna wrap. It was the most healthy I could find on the menu and I ordered it without any guilt about eating something.

Well let me tell you after three weeks of broth, curds, water, tea and diet soda, I thought I would devour the wrap and end up wanting, craving, more. You can't imagine my surprise that I was able to eat only half of the wrap, which was delicious by the way and it took me an hour...SERIOUSLY: AN HOUR! to finish that half of a wrap...When I ate half I just couldn't eat anymore and I have absolutely no craving for food, so as of tomorrow it's back to my regular diet without any problems.
And I survived a day of socializing without any problems!



Till next week!

Hugs,
Pearl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome Pearl! I am so glad you were able to eat and not devour everything in sight. Keep working and don't forget to Zumba!

Trish on March 23, 2010 at 9:07 AM said...

That is so great! your stomach has shrunk, you are doing something right, Zumba or no..right? YAY!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie