Pages

Friday, June 11, 2010

Well, this week went well... not.

Since Pearl is on vacation, she graciously allowed me to babysit her Twitloss blog. Thank you so much for this opportunity, and I hope you have a wonderful time in LA with your hubs!

So this week.. Yeah. I had every intention of hitting the gym and eating better and being MOTIVATED! Unfortunately, school started on Monday, and I'm taking a full course load in a 10 week period. That doesn't leave me with a lot of free time and going to the gym is out of the question until around 6pm... right when FH gets home and we start the dinner, bath, and prep for the next day routine.

Jose sent me a text on Tuesday and asked me if we could hold off on training til Thursday. I told him no problem, since my friend was in from out of town and spending the night. That gave me a little bit more time with her and her brand new baby girl (she was 16 days old when she came to visit - such a cutiepie!) Unfortunately, when Thursday rolled around, I forgot to inform Jose that I have classes at 10 every day except Friday... which meant that I couldn't make our regularly scheduled appointment. He never texted me back, and now that my iPhone is jacked up I can't call him to see what's going on. *sobs*

On the weight side of the issue... I've fluctuated between 190 and 195 this week, per the bathroom scale. The one at my mom's read 199 yesterday, but when I jumped on the one at home, it still said 195. I'm going to blame that one on mom's scale being digital which is supposedly less accurate).

I feel like it's getting ready to be Female Time again, which means being bloated and craving chocolate. I actually have a candy bowl filled with those delectable little "Fun Sized" candy bars (3 Musketeers, Milky Way, Snickers, and Butterfinger), but I've managed to mostly keep away from them. I have one or two (since they really are "bite sized") as I take Monkey to school, and then I forget about them for the rest of the day. I know it's not exactly good to have chocolate every day, but I'm going to go ahead and say that this chocolate consumption is for my sanity and for the protection of all the others around me (I tend to get cranky when it's Female Time).

So. I'm planning on attempting to go to the gym this weekend. My knees have been bothering me a LOT because it's been raining so bad lately (stupid arthritis!) and the thought of getting on the elliptical has me nearly in tears. But, if I want to continue dropping this weight and continue to have people tell me how great I look (cause let's face it - I need that praise to boost me up and keep me going), I have to get back on the horse... the elliptical, whatever, and push through the pain. Who knows? Maybe when I'm back down to 150 (40 more pounds to go!) my knees won't give me as many problems.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

5 comments:

Paige Prince on June 11, 2010 at 10:00 AM said...

I mirror-posted this at my personal weight loss journal: http://notsopleasantlyplump.wordpress.com/2010/06/11/this-week-went-well-not/

Yes, my laziness extends to not wanting to write 2 separate posts. LOL.

Trish on June 11, 2010 at 10:20 AM said...

What a great post & I eat a sweet every now and then too. There are powdered mini doughnuts on my counter right now & I have eaten 3. But won't eat anymore. I think we deserve a little treat every now and again. Everything in moderation...right?

WTG on your weight loss so far, I am so proud of you!! WOOT WOOT!!

WEIGHT LESS NOT MORE on June 11, 2010 at 10:36 AM said...

I hear you on the kness hurting. Is it wrong that after I workout at night I take advil before bed so I can be assured I can walk in the morning? It's like a vicious cycle, being overweight bad on knees, yet can't excercise cuz knees hurt. I guess we have to grinand bare it. Hope your knees start to feel better soon. I could never have a bag of chocolate bars in the house - I would eat them til there were gone. They would call my name until they were gone. Great willpower if you can have 1 or 2 and forget about them.
Have fun filling in for Pearl on the #twitloss blog!

Dara Young on June 11, 2010 at 10:54 AM said...

Welcome Mama Kitty! I have a bad knee too! OMG! I always know when it will rain. When it really hurts, I have to take ibuprofen BEFORE I work out or it's too late. Congrats on the weight loss and keep up the good work!

Paige Prince on June 11, 2010 at 4:00 PM said...

@Trish: Good girl! It's always nice to treat yourself and not go overboard. And man, I'd love a doughnut about now...

@The Book Pimp Blogs: It took me a LONG time to get to that point. When I first started the weight loss thing, I broke and ate an entire bag of mini Heath Bars. I kept denying myself, because I knew that I would. And when I finally broke, I did. So now, I try to keep little snacks around and try to remember that one or two isn't going to kill me. It's eating the whole bag that will... and you're totally right. The overweight part really took a toll on my knees. There was a point when I cried every morning, crawling out of bed cause my knees & ankles hurt so bad. They're better(ish) now, but the stupid weather KILLS ME.

@Danielle GUH it sucks knowing when it's going to rain based on your pain level, doesn't it? *sobs* I have to take Aleve or Advil before a workout too, otherwise I'm a mess after and can't walk for at least a day. Boooo.

Thank you my loverlies, for the nice warm welcome! xoxo

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie