Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wait, was that a deadline? umm....

So.... how's things? Enjoying your Thursday? I think it is safe to say that all of the #twitloss team really love pickles.

Ok ok, I am totally procrastinating on acknowledging that today is June 10th... that means our 3 month deadline of June 1st is long gone.  So, lets recap... what did I want to get done in 3 months and how did I do??







Goals for the next 3 months (June 1st, 2010 deadline):
  • Kick my addiction to soda - {OK not bad here, I rarely drink it now... not entirely off the coke crack, but close}

  • Be cooking at home 6 days out of the week - {um. full on fail}

  • Lose 25 lb - {7 lbs... not good enough}
Plan of Action
  • Meal Plan weekly, buy as much food in bulk as possible through Whole Foods, Azure, Winder Farms, etc - {I am mostly accomplishing this}

  • Grow and use our own vegetables - {#GardenFail! I planted one, but I just haven't felt motivated to maintain it}

  • Body Pump class - twice a week minimum - {Some weeks I hit this, some not. }

  • Cardio - 3 times a week minimum - {Haven't been keeping up with this BUT I have felt an improvement in my cardio skillz. I can run now without dying. Thats good right? }

  • Plan ahead! Make lunches at night if necessary, no more being stuck out doing errands without food! - {ok, let's just assume if I used the word "plan" i failed at it.}

  • Take vitamins daily (Thyroid, Amazing Greens, etc) - {I need an alarm or something}
So while I may have lost 7 lbs, I am not thrilled with my progress. I need to recommit and refocus... oh and also find some energy. My house and life are crazy hectic now that the kids are out of school and I need to find a handhold and pull myself together. A maid or chef would be perfect... but alas I would have to get a job to afford those things LOL. So, my new goals for the next 3 months (deadline September 1st)

Re-commitment Goals

  • Be cooking at home 6 days out of the week

  • Lose 30 lbs (including the 7 already lost)

  • Keep my house from looking like a tornado ran through it
Plan of Action
  • Meal Plan weekly

  • 8 glasses of water, daily.

  • Hit the gym 5-6 times a week - gives me quiet time and gives the kids an air conditioned place to play for 2 hours.

  • Take vitamins daily (Thyroid, Amazing Greens, etc

  • Motivated Moms printouts... get the kids doing their own chores so I don't feel overwhelmed.

  • Limit my alcohol intake *sob sniffle*
Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

So where are you guys at?

3 comments:

Dara Young on June 10, 2010 at 2:40 PM said...

I'm with you on that last one. I am trying to kick the sauce, but alas I like a glass of wine or a beer every day. LOL! Hugs! You are doing good. You're thinking about it and trying...that's better than you were. :) Hang in there!

Trish on June 11, 2010 at 8:04 AM said...

I think you are doing good too. I think that small goals are better, for me anyway. 7lbs is good at least you didn't gain! Chin up!!

Anonymous said...

Overall, I'm down 49 lbs, but that's since November. In the last 3 months, I think I might've lost about 10-12 lbs? Ish? I still have 40 lbs left to go, and I've gotten so lazy it makes me cry.

7 lbs is still 7 lbs. And with the cardio you're doing, you could be building muscle. Muscle is more dense than fat, so it essentially weighs more. You should try to to measurements as well and see how many inches you lose in addition to pounds. You might be surprised.

Keep it up! You'll get there!
-MK

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie