Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

An apology, an update and an announcement



First and foremost I want to apologize for not doing my weekly duty last week! There was some stuff going on in my off-line life that had me shaken up from Thursday till Saturday and I just wasn't up to writing a cheery blogpost so I skipped it all together. But I've put it behind me and am ready to give you guys an update and have a little announcement concerning temporary replacement during my vacation.

Stats:
Starting Weight: 192 lbs
Goal Weight: 132 lbs
Last Time’s Weight: 166 lbs
This Time’s Weight: 163 lbs
This Time’s Loss: 3 lbs
Total Loss: 29 lbs
This Week’s Hours of Zumba: 1.0
Last Week’s Hours of Zumba: 2.5
Total Hours of Zumba: 10.5

As I mentioned yesterday on Twitter, the effects of the meds are still lingering because I am still behind on schedule but I really don't care because like a friend of mine said: schedules are only a guideline, every person is different and focusing on only the numbers on a scale isn't realistic. I take my motivation in the fact that:


  • my clothing is falling off my behind and I can wear clothes that were in the very back of my closet because they were too small and on the verge of being thrown away
  • my cleaning lady stands in awe every two weeks telling me how much I lost weight
  • friends tell me that the weight loss is really showing
  • I stand in front of the mirror and see my collar bones, which I haven't seen in I think 7 or 8 years
  • the bras I bought right after my reduction are fitting normally again instead of boob-flesh spilling over the cups
  • I once again have a waistline
  • in 14 weeks I've gone from size 18-20 to size 12-14
  • in 14 weeks I've worked out for 10+ hours in total and remember I HATE to work-out so I consider this something REALLY big.
  • in 14 weeks I've lost almost 30 lbs


My method of weight loss is controversial and not all people understand how I can live on just water, broth curds and vitamin supplements but for me it's working and I am persevering until I reach my goal and after that I will never eat again how I used to eat. I have become aware of what I used to put in my mouth day-in day-out and it is not necessary. I can live and thrive on less than half the amount of food I used to eat and I can control myself in times that are emotionally trying and in the past would give me an excuse to go on an eating-frenzy.
I am proud of myself and feel good about myself and that's something I hadn't felt in a long time. So for that alone I feel I've succeeded despite not having lost the amount I "should've lost by now.

And now on to something less self-reflecting stuff.

As some of you may know I am less about a week away from a vacation to the US. Going to Los Angeles to be precise. Hubby is going to a conference for work and as I am at home at the moment I decided to accompany him as going to the US has been a life-long dream of mine and couldn't pass up on this opportunity. The first week hubby will be working and I'll be getting to know LA a bit better on my own and going to do some sight-seeing stuff that I know hubby wouldn't like to do. After the first 5 days hubby will be done and we have a holiday-week together.


I know this vacation is going to test my ability to stick to my diet as much as possible but I've also  decided that I am not going to avoid food. I *will* try to stick to as little calories as possible and healthy food and am determined to not come back weighing more than before I left. Both hotels I'll be staying in have gyms so I am going to work-out like a mad-woman so I will at least compensate for any excessive food consumption. Will try to keep everyone posted via Twitter.

Because I have a very busy week coming up due to blogging stuff on my book-blog and preparations for this vacation and the vacation itself of course, I was thinking how I was going to manage the weekly posts here in the coming few weeks and it occurred to me I could have a guest poster who could temporarily fill in for me with blog posts on Fridays. And here's where the beloved Twitter comes in. I tweeted a request and within minutes I had a taker.

From June 11th until at least July 3rd the Friday post will be taken care of by none other than:

MamaKitty of Mama Kitty Reviews

I hope you guys give her a warm welcome next week and take good care of her while she's filling in for me!

Hugs,
Pearl

5 comments:

Lynette on June 4, 2010 at 10:34 AM said...

Awesome and I'm so jealous that you'll be close and yet still so far away! Have a great trip! Miss you and yeah MamaKitty!

Robin Bradford on June 4, 2010 at 10:34 AM said...

I am so PROUD OF YOU!!! I really hope you like LA, too. And at least you won't be leaving us altogether. I'll be following your updates on twitter. :-)

WEIGHT LESS NOT MORE on June 4, 2010 at 10:36 AM said...

What a great job you are doing you must feel so good. Wow! Sounds like your vacation to LA is going to be fantastic - have a blast!

Trish on June 4, 2010 at 10:50 AM said...

I'm so happy for you..congrats! What a wonderful milestone 30lbs! I hope you have a great in the states! I live way on the other side of them..Delaware! I will be thinking about you!

Paige Prince on June 11, 2010 at 9:26 AM said...

Well, I suck for not commenting on this post before. I thought that I did, but apparently I'm dreaming about commenting because this isn't the first one I thought I commented on but didn't. Hey, I'm babbling. Boo.

Congratulations on all the milestones! I'd love to be in a 12/14 again! I'm still stuck between a 14 & a 16. Boo.

Have fun on your vacation, and be safe! I'll keep your blog safe & well-loved! ;)

MK

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie