Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Digging Deep

I'm FAT! There I said it. It's time I really owned it. I don't mean cracking fat jokes etc... I mean no-kidding-look-in-the-mirror-and-open-my-eyes own it. The truth is there, I've just been in denial. I am squeezing into clothes that don't really fit and so don't look good on me. I have rolls where there should be taught firm muscle. I have orange peel where smooth skin should be.

I'm done with it.

I really had an epiphany about it this weekend. I finally got so disgusted with myself on Friday because I think I realized it is affecting more than just me, it is affecting my husband too. It's not fair to him, but mostly it's not fair to me. I NEVER wanted to be my mother, but here I am overweight and fighting the battle to loose it. Well consider everything I have said before to be a prelude to now.

I am tired of disappointing myself. I am tired of talking a good game but not following through. So, inspired by Lynette's post this week, I am throwing down the BS flag and calling an end to it.

Saturday was a new day. Wednesday is a new day. I am truly doing this. I am making this contract with myself, and I am sharing it with you all as well.

I, Dara Young, am making the following promises to myself:
  1. I will put myself and my needs before others wants;
  2. I will love my body;
  3. I will treat my body as it deserves to be treated, feeding it healthy foods;
  4. I will believe I can live and be healthier;
  5. I will NOT diet;
  6. I will NOT be lazy; and,
  7. I will be the best person I can be.

Should I fail to live up to these promises or break them in some way, I will rededicate myself to these principles and try twice as hard. There will be tough days ahead. Days I don't want to exercise, or I don't want to skip the cookies, but I will pull these promises to myself out of my purse and look at them. If at that point I still am okay with not doing something or eating something I probably shouldn't I will live with that choice. Hopefully I won't. Hopefully I will smile and remember that I love myself and I deserve to look and feel better.

I challenge you to make a promise to yourself. It doesn't have to be a weight loss promise. It can be anything. But make the promise. Write a blog post about it and leave a link here or just post your promise to yourself in the comments. Make it mean it and I promise I will be asking about how you are doing with it in the future. So go ahead, what's your promise to yourself?

3 comments:

Trish on June 23, 2010 at 10:21 AM said...

LOVE THIS POST! I will think about mine and link back later!

Lynette on June 23, 2010 at 10:25 AM said...

YOU ARE AWESOME! WTG. My big thing is:

I CONTROL MY LIFE AND THE DECISIONS THAT I MAKE FOR MYSELF AND THE WAY I LOOK. NO ONE ELSE. I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR ME AND IF I WANT A BETTER ME, I WILL MAKE STEPS TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Dara Young on June 23, 2010 at 10:41 AM said...

Trish, I can't wait to read your post!

Lynette, great promise! I love it. :D

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie