Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Back At One




Happy Tuesday! I apologize. Since Memorial Day was yesterday, I totally forgot that I needed to post to the blog.


BTW, I know this music video has nothing to do with weight loss, but it does have a point per say. I remember Brian McKnight saying that he came up with the idea for this song when he was trying to put something together at his house. The instructions always said, when all else fails go back to Step One.

So, I decided to go back to step one and since this is June 1st, I thought the timing was perfect.



Six days ago, I started Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I must say at first I was very skeptical. When I got the DVD and looked at the exercises, they were very basic and I didn't see how I was going to get any results out of it. Then I tried them. After the first day, I could barely move, my body ached so much. I read on Amazon about how a lot of people complained that their knees were killing them because of this DVD. My knees killed me after the first day. However, after I kept at it the problems with my knees disappeared. I wonder if that was because I wasn't in the correct position while doing the exercises.

I didn't work out this morning (Chunk was auditioning for most dramatic baby in the universe last night and I barely got any sleep). But when I did yesterday, I seemed to fly though the program.

The way 30 Day Shred works is that there are three levels of exercises. When you feel you're ready you progress to the next level in the program. Each level has three circuits and each circuit includes three minutes of strength training, two minutes of cardio, and one minute of abs. So it takes under 30 minutes to complete the workout from start to finish.

I must say, I like this much better than what I was doing before (Tony Horton's 10 Minute Trainer), because it really takes under thirty minutes. With 10 Minute Trainer to complete three ten minute workouts with changing CDs, changing the bands and everything the workouts took about forty-five minutes to an hour, which defeated the purpose of a quick work out without having to go to the gym.





I feel like I have more energy than I have been. Every since I began 30 Day Shred, especially during the days I was working, I felt myself accomplishing more at work. The piles and piles of paper that were piled up on my desk have disappeared. I felt more energy when I was at home (e.g., I haven't been slacking in the house work). Also, I have a problem with low iron. I'm supposed to be taking iron pills but I haven't taken them since I was pregnant with Chunk, but I feel that I have more energy than I had been. Before I began 30 Day Shred, we had a blood drive here at work, and I went to donate blood but they wouldn't let me because my iron was so low. I started cooking iron rich foods and combined with working out, I am seeing a difference. Also, I've been a member of the Little Bitty Titty Club all my life and I know my body's changing because my titty's are shrinking and they always shrink more when I work out.

BTW, I did gain a pound this week, but that's totally my fault. I baked a cake this weekend as well as baked some homemade bread. Next week should be better! And the end of June should be great!


Day 1: 150 pounds

1 comments:

Trish on June 1, 2010 at 10:40 AM said...

Love love the Shred! I am on Level 2 now and I feel like dying every time lol! I like that song and going from day 1. Make sure you measure, I found when doing level 1 I didn't lose a lot of weight but lost inches!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie