Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

UP and DOWN




Starting Weight: 192 lbs
Goal Weight: 132 lbs
Last Time’s Weight: 178 lbs
This Time’s Weight: 175 lbs
This Time’s Loss: 3 lbs
Total Loss: 17 lbs
This Week’s Hours of Zumba: 1.5
Last Week’s Hours of Zumba: 2.0
Total Hours of Zumba: 6

So last week there was no post for me because I was sick. This week I had my weigh-in yesterday morning and I “only” lost 3 lbs. It may seem cruel to say ONLY 3 lbs but considering the fact that I am on a 0-calories diet you’d expect more than 3 lbs every two weeks. Unfortunately the fact that I was born as a woman once again coupled up with my water retaining powers and decided that once a month I don’t see the result of the sacrifices I am making to lose weight. However every lbs is one so I shouldn’t sound so ungrateful. I know some of you are having a much harder time...

As the title states: sometimes you go up…sometimes you go down. And I’ll have to get used to the fact that 1 weighing per month will have less wonderful results than the other. The past week was also hard in the not eating department: I really almost caved when I was feeling sick…if it wasn’t for my wonderful hubby who took good care of me and kept me motivated and held me back when I was ready to ransack the cupboards looking for something to eat, I would have. So I am dedicating this week’s weight loss to him.


On a different and more positive note...the loss of 17 lbs is apparently starting to show because today I was told that even my boobs look smaller....I don't know how much of that is true or more of a "in the eye of the beholder" thing, but I am noticing my clothes are getting looser...so loose that my tracksuit pants fell of my hiney this evening as I was running up the stairs to rush to the toilet (the water drinking is still making me run to the toilet every 30 minutes...).

And that's what I want you to keep in mind: Even if the scale doesn't show the lower figures, watch your clothes because sometimes even if the scale doesn't indicate it, you are loosing fat and that's much more important than some numbers on that electronic device that is the bane of our existence.

Hugs,
Pearl

3 comments:

Lynette on April 9, 2010 at 10:01 AM said...

Great post Pearl. I must admit that some of my clothes do feel looser, even if the scale doesn't show it. I couldn't believe that I was into size 8's when I got some shorts and stuff to take with me when I went on vacation!

Robin Bradford on April 9, 2010 at 11:04 AM said...

17lbs is AMAZING!!! I hope you're feeling better. This week I am all kinds of off track with the food so I feel better hearing all these success stories! Yay!

WEIGHT LESS NOT MORE on April 9, 2010 at 11:05 AM said...

Pearl so true about the clothes fitting. The scale is a crew mother - but clothes don't lie! Keep up the good work. I'd rather lose 3lbs than gain it!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie