Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 57: Never Surrender



In my mind this morning, I had it that I was going to talk about how I'm an almost forty-year-old woman (yes, it's not for a couple more years yet, but it's killing me – in my mind I'm still 22) with two kids and how could I still expect to have the same body I had when I was twenty and in the Army. I was forming the words in my head. Then, I came to work and jumped on the scale.

And . . .

I lost two pounds! Can you believe that crap!

I feel energized. I'm dancing in my chair as we speak. Granted, I have my headphones on and I'm acting like I'm typing a transcription for work when I'm actually typing this blog post and listening to Janet Jackson "All For You," but that's another story.

It's not like I gorged out all week and don't know how I lost the weight. Actually, watching what I eat hasn't been that big of a transition for me. Okay, yes I did go to Wendy's last week and order their Frosty Float. And if we're being totally honest, I ordered it again this afternoon, their very good. And, I did make brownies last night, but they were low-fat brownies if that counts.


Now that I got my weekly confession out the way . . .. The biggest transition for me is working out and staying motivated to do so. Last night I set my alarm clock for 4:30AM so that I'd have time to work out before I had to get ready to work out before I had to get ready for work, and this morning it went off at 4:30AM, funny how those things work out like that. Somehow, (and I have NO IDEA how this keeps happening) the snooze button keeps getting hit. Then the next thing I know, the baby is in his room making noises, I get up and bring him into bed with us and get him settled and the next thing I know, it's 6:45AM and I'm jumping out the bed like a mad woman and rushing around so I'm not late for work.


Yeah, that's a typical morning in my household. So obviously I'm going to have to make a change.



With work, I don't get home until 6:00 PM, by the time I cook dinner, harass the kids, and finally get them down, I'm exhausted and ready for bed.



It would be nice if I had a gym here at work, that way I could go to lunch a little bit earlier work out and then take a quick shower and . . .



Umm, wait, there is a small a weight room at my job. Isn't that convenient!



I have no clue how to work the weights, but there's a treadmill, an elliptical. I could use those. Also, since the state of Michigan is finally coming to recognize that it's spring outside and not winter, I can get up early on the weekends and run around my neighborhood.



So that's my plan.

Day 1: 155 pounds

Day 8: 150.5 pounds
Day 15: 151 pounds
Day 22: 148 pounds
Day 29: 150 pounds
Day 43: 150 pounds
Day 50: 150 pounds
Day 57: 148 pounds


Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

3 comments:

Trish on April 26, 2010 at 2:25 PM said...

OH YAY! You go! I am so proud of you! Keep doing what you are doing!

Twimom227 on April 26, 2010 at 5:22 PM said...

You broke 150!!! I'm so happy for you!!

I get what you are talking about... I was trying so hard and didn't make a lot of progress. I got discouraged. Then while I continued to focus on my exercise, I relaxed on my eating and I've lost 3 lbs over the past 2 weeks. Let's just keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

:) Getting discouraged is part of it.

Not giving up is another part of it.

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie