Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Get on the smoothie train...

I have that train song stuck in my head, the one that goes "Come on, ride the train, hey, ride it, woo woo". No particular reason, but it's the reason for the smoothie train title.

I like smoothies.... convenient and easy, not to mention a yummy way to sneak in the green stuff I don't like to eat. Especially when you have a personal blender like this one (Tribest Personal Blender)... no extra dishes, its easy peasy. While I try to plan things around vegetables lately... I am sure I still lack in getting enough green stuff. It has just never been habit to eat it and I don't partiularly like the taste. My solution to this problem is Amazing Grass - its a bunch of my favorite *eyeroll* greens made into a powder. I have it in capsule form too, but I hate swallowing pills so I avoid those. Anyway, the only way I can manage to take this stuff and not hate it is through smoothies.

My problem is that I always make the same smoothie - frozen berries, banana, orange juice, a bit of yogurt, my amazing grass, and then maybe some vanilla hemp protein powder if I need it. So I need new smoothie ideas.... I am a little berry-ed out ;)

Oh, the best part of this whole post?? I had a good week this week. I got to the gym 3 times (2 cardio, 1 body pump class) and will be hitting it later tonight as well. It seems like something kicked into gear cause I am down 5 lbs for the week... rock on til next time!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

8 comments:

Cheeky Girl on April 8, 2010 at 12:54 PM said...

Congrats on the loss!

hmmm...have you tried pineapple? that makes good shakes.

Also, sounds weird, but I used to make one with vanilla protein powder and "butter buds" - those fake butter sprinkles, and cinnamon. Tastes just like a cinnamon bun! seriously.

Lynette on April 8, 2010 at 12:58 PM said...

Congrats on making it to the gym. That's awesome! I always make the same crap too, so I'm no help.

Dara Young on April 8, 2010 at 1:01 PM said...

Add kiwi fruit when it is in season! Used to get this awesome one from Jamba Juice Kiwi Berry Burner...god I loved that thing!

WEIGHT LESS NOT MORE on April 8, 2010 at 2:20 PM said...

I'm not a smoothie drinker (I'd rather eat my calories), so I've got no suggestions for you. Great work on the 5lb loss. Some people goes weeks without losing that much. You go girl.

Robin Bradford on April 8, 2010 at 5:44 PM said...

Congrats on the five!!! You really are hitting it this week. Bodypump just sounds like it would wipe my ass out. I've always wanted to try, but toooo chicken!

Those berry smoothies sound pretty delicious. Why mess with a good thing, eh? :-)

Xakara on April 9, 2010 at 1:12 AM said...

Congrats on the five pounds!

I second the pineapple suggestion and add granny smith apples if you like tart, golden delicious if you prefer sweeter with a bit of carrot to balance out the green powder.

Also consider changing the yogurt flavor rather than the berries so you keep the antioxidant benefits berries provide but still get a new flavor profile for your daily smoothie fix.

Sorry I can't give specific recipies, I like doing the same thing and my strawberry orange with protein powder is already close to what you're drinking, but I've had the apple/carrot/green powder and it's really good when mixed correctly.

Trish on April 12, 2010 at 1:52 PM said...

I am not a smoothie fan, but I wanted to say WOOT WOOT! You are rocking girl!

Tiffany @ KindleVixen on April 13, 2010 at 11:23 AM said...

Xakara - thanks for the hints! I hadn't thought about the carrot to balance out the greens! :)

Thanks everyone! :D

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie