Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 50: Hitting a Wall

Usually, I post my progress at the end of a post. Today I'm doing it at the beginning. Last Monday, I weighed myself in at 150.7 pounds. This morning I weighed in at 150.2. Sigh. I feel like I've hit a wall that I can't climb over and it's frustrating.


I suppose I should be happy that I haven't blown up. This weekend my local RWA Chapter had our annual Retreat. I love our Retreat. It's so different from the frenetic writing conferences where you're running around from workshop to workshop. For under $200.00 you get to come and hear a nationally known author give a couple workshops, room, food, and great company in a relaxed setting. I wore jeans all weekend. I highly recommend it, even if you're not a writer. We have people come who say it's cheaper coming to us even with buying airfare than going to their own local conference.

Anyhoo. For Retreat, the members always bring goodies to share. By goodies, I mean usually chocolate. I brought Cracker Candy, which I redubbed Crack Candy that I got from Angela James's blog. http://whippedout.com/2009/12/09/easy-christmas-cookie-cracker-candy/ It was a big hit, everyone loved it. There was a lot of food and I ate more than I usually did, but I forced myself not to gorge out. I think I had a lot of restraint. I guess my restraint worked, because I seriously thought I'd be bigger than what I actually was. As, I didn't work out all weekend despite packing clothes to go run. I just couldn't get up and motivate myself to do it. Plus Friday and Saturday night, I stayed up late hanging out chit chatting with everyone. I also have a bad cold, so I wasn't in the mood to get up and run in the morning.

So, I'm thinking I just too darn lazy and motivation is my problem.

How can I stay motivated to figure out how to break past the wall and not only get under 150 pounds, but stay there? I'm wondering if I should switch up my work-out program.

What do you think?

3 comments:

Shiloh Walker on April 20, 2010 at 5:18 AM said...

You're going to hit a wall-they happen. But look at it this way-you had a big weekend, there there was a lot of food, you weren't feeling good so working out is HARD...

And your weight is still down a half pound.

Under similar circumstances, a lot of gain. You didn't.

Just buckle down and keep going.

Trish on April 20, 2010 at 5:27 AM said...

I agree with Shiloh! Also I agree with what you said about changing it up. I know I have to from time to time and I have to give my body a rest.

But you should be proud you didn't gain anything and you restrained from tempting things while you were away.

You are doing so awesome, don't get discouraged!

Mike Elrod on April 20, 2010 at 6:02 AM said...

Best thing to do is swap up the workout when you hit a wall. Even if it doesn't cause the weight loss to immediatley pick back up it keeps the boredom down. Plus doing a little muscle confusion with this isn't a bad thing.

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie