Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Pour some SUGAR on me.....



Honestly, trust me to go looking for baseball pics and find the ONE that has to do with food! This is the tailgate party outside US Cellular Field yesterday on White Sox Opening Day.

This week caught me slacking off. I'm not sure if it was the weather (it was nice) or if my natural laziness just kicked in, but I didn't do all that I was supposed to do. I didn't post my stats to my page. I didn't workout five days. I DID stay in my calorie range for all seven days, so I'm counting that as a win. (1200-1550 calories as per SparkPeople.)



The workouts: If you learn nothing else from today's blog, learn this: Always make SURE you pack pants in your gym bag!!! That is really the highlight of my post this week. Pants. Don't leave home without 'em. If it happened once, I would say, it could happen to anyone. Who doesn't leave the house without pants from time to time? But, it happened Thursday AND Monday. Thursday, I ended up buying a pair of sweatpants. They sell everything except crack cocaine at the gym. Yesterday, I said forget it and treadmilled in jeans. It wasn't fun, but it was cheaper than either going home in a thunderstorm or buying another pair of sweats. I made a list and checked it twice before leaving the house this morning. Pants? CHECK!


Speaking of no pants, this is as good a place as any for your obligatory "food" referenced, music video of the week. "Food" in quotes because you KNOW this song isn't about food, right?




*ahem* moving on......



The Food:

It is becoming much easier to stay inside the lines when it comes to counting calories. When I first started back to SparkPeople (this is not my first time at the rodeo) I could barely stay inside of 1800 calories. In fact, more often than not, I didn't stay under 1800. They were mostly 1900, 2000.....when I bothered to finish tracking at all. Sometimes I would conk out around lunch and that would be that. Now, tracking is easy. The food scale helped, no doubt. But, what helped more than that is actually tracking. I'm lucky in that I work alllllllll day at my computer so I really have no excuses. I'm sitting RIGHT there, after all. But, honestly, it's so much easier to do when you have a streak going. You don't want TODAY to be the day you break the streak, right? And once I see what I'm eating, I have no excuse. If I'm heading towards 1000 calories at lunch......maybe I need to slow down. Or dinner needs to be re-adjusted.

That's not to say I won't go over my cals. I so totally will. Wanna go out for martinis? I am so there. Dinner? Yep. Movies with food? Sign me up. But I'm counting it. I'll have to make up for it some other time. More cardio later in the week? Maybe. But, if 1 lb is 3500 calories, there is no reason to stress out over a day off the rails.


The stats: well....looks like we are a .8 on the week. Not what I wanted, but about what I could expect being lax on the workouts. Happy Tuesday!



4 comments:

Dara Young on April 6, 2010 at 8:26 AM said...

1lb = 3500cals? Wow! It does make me feel better about "screwing the pooch" when I do.

Robin Bradford on April 6, 2010 at 10:38 AM said...

See! I'm all about the good news. :) Now if you do that EVERY day....well....but a few times? No big deal. And especially worth it if you're out with friends and having a great time.

Tiffany @ KindleVixen on April 6, 2010 at 6:42 PM said...

Congrats on the 0.8 and totally funny on the pants. I have forgotten mine before.... LOL.

Robin Bradford on April 7, 2010 at 4:30 AM said...

Pants optional! :-) But, wow did I feel like a big dork.

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie