Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Let's start again shall we....

I had a post I was working on earlier but I wasn't paying attention to my battery level and the laptop ran out of juice, thereby losing most of my stuff.... it had been a long day so I swore at it (like all good ladies do) and walked away. So now that I have a few minutes, lets try again....

Really, the let's try again applies both to this post and to my twitloss efforts. This endeavor has been much harder than I expected, and I am no wuss. Well maybe sometimes.... but this month has been an emotional roller coaster for me in all things of my life. I have a bad habit of becoming overwhelmed and then just turning my back on this because I know that whatever I do won't be perfect...so why do it at all? Its the OCD/perfectionist part of my personality and one of my biggest personal challenges. Ironically this same same quality manifests itself positively in my school and work, its one of the reasons I am carrying a 4.0 grade point average even with all the other stuff going on. Yet, somehow when I apply this to my home life - I stumble and fail and say forget it. Maybe its because I know that school/work wise I have more confidence? I don't know but I probably need to explore this to get to the bottom of why I continuous self sabotage myself. I'm only 31, I have time.

So now that you have made it through my ramble, or maybe you just skipped over it... the good news. I'm down about 1.2 lbs this week. Not too bad since I forgot to weigh in until this afternoon. I need to take measurements and start keeping track seriously.

This weekend will be interesting - I am heading off to Los Angeles for some fun at IKEA... food storage containers and kitchen utensils. Its like a dream vacation, or at least it would be if there were sexy naked men helping me shop. But it means I will be on the road for about 2 days without my kitchen. *gulp* Good luck to all of you this weekend! I know some of you have big Easter food shindigs... may the force be with you ;)

3 comments:

WEIGHT LESS NOT MORE on April 1, 2010 at 8:34 PM said...

Any weight loss is a step in the right direction. After all it could have been a gain of 1.2 lbs. Good work!

Dara Young on April 2, 2010 at 7:42 AM said...

Let's take the win and use it to springboard on to bigger accomplishments. You have to celebrate all the victories, even the little 1.2lb ones! Good luck on your road trip. :)

Trish on April 2, 2010 at 8:42 AM said...

Have a wonderful trip! 1.2lbs down is a nice accomplishment, be proud of the small things, it's the small steps that take us to the big goal! {{HUGS}}

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie