Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Too Late, Bad Blogger and temptations...

This week no weight update as I weigh bi-weekly so that's next week.
Also I am writing this blog post way (!!!) too late because Friday was such a busy day, in fact this whole weekend is crazy with 2 birthdays and guests today for a dinner party, I forgot to write my weekly #twitloss post. So sorry for that and I hope I can make it up with this quickie post just before the guests arrive.



As said, two birthdays this weekend, one on Friday (friend) and one yesterday (nephew and godson). The friends birthday wasn't all that bad in the dieting department. I had no troubles sticking to my non-eating. My godson's birthday however was a whole different story. My sister-in-law is a cake baker. She bakes the most delicious and wonderful looking cakes. A bit like the ones in the pictures of this post and I tell you it was HELL being around those cakes and not being able to eat them. Furthermore they (sis in law and her sisters, mother, aunts etc.) had made delicious Cape Verdian food and one thing is sure: I was happy when we left the birthday location and went home because the need to succumb to the cake and food was very, very big. I do hope the scale will reward me for this on Thursday because if not, I will not be a happy cookie this week. The sacrifices I make for the new and improved Pearl are endless and torturous! This morning I was helping hubby prepare the dinner for our guests tonight and the smell of food is killing me. But I am trying to stay strong and stick to the broth, water and curds...Only 3,5 months to go...



Happy Sunday to all and hope you are all doing fine!

Hugs,
Pearl

3 comments:

Baking with Melissa™ on April 18, 2010 at 7:48 AM said...

Oh my goodness! Sounds like you should be dropping weight like crazy since you aren't bringing in any calories! How do you feel? Meaning do you ever feel weak from the lack of food?

Hoping for a HUGE drop next week as it would not be fair to not even have one bite of those delicious cakes and not be rewarded for it!

Trish on April 18, 2010 at 11:22 AM said...

Kudos to you, for staying strong and having so much will power! I am sure the scale will show it next week, if it doesn't I bet you will have lost inches! You rocked it girl!

Dara Young on April 19, 2010 at 8:20 AM said...

Kudos to you for the restraint! I couldn't do it...but that is a subject for this weeks post. Pictures included. :) Way to go!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie