Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Nobody's Fool

The videos are usually brought on by inspiration, rather than having anything to do with the actual topic. Today is a nice, if unexpected, mix of both. If you like 80s hair bands, this is the video for you. If not, meet me after the jump.....






So, today I got the P90-X dvds from the library. After watching the "watch this first" video, and watching the 50 warning screens about how this "isn't for everyone" blah blah blah, I got into the first video and it was chest and back. Well, I don't have the pull up bar so that was a bust. I took it out and flipped to the cardio disc. It said I need yoga blocks (wha???) and some other stuff that I didn't have, but I figured some of it would be just cardio, right? It was. I knew, though, that when the warm up was running (they called it jogging....ha ha ha ha) that I was in trouble. I think I got through 5 minutes (out of 45) and that was enough for me. I took it out and put in a walking dvd.

Sometimes, you really SHOULD listen to those stupid ass warnings. I'm not fit enough to get fit with P90-X. I'm more like P-65.....

But, if YOU are fit enough to let P90-X make you sweat, here is a little Keith Sweat inspiration to send you on your way. Vaya Con Dios!

Happy Tuesday!

4 comments:

Paige Prince on August 24, 2010 at 8:35 PM said...

Someone offered me their P90X DVDs today and I straight up laughed in their face. I'm entirely too broken to do that stuff! I do need to either start doing my Richard Simmons DVDs again (what? my mom went from a 16 to a 6 doing his Sweatin to the Oldies tapes when I was in high school) or I need to find time to go back to the gym I'm still paying for. Bah.

Robin Bradford on August 25, 2010 at 6:00 AM said...

LOL! I love that you laughed at them. That's what I should have done. It looks good, but when they're telling you it ain't no joke, they are not kidding. And if your mama went from a 16 to a 6, then I need to be sweatin' to the oldies too!

Lynette on August 26, 2010 at 1:56 PM said...

You two crack me up! P90x isn't a joke, but it works. A lot of the guys here are doing it and I know a lot of people who've done it and got results! It scared me though! LOL!

Robin Bradford on August 27, 2010 at 5:09 AM said...

The fact that a lot of the guys where YOU work are doing it tells me it is too advanced for my lazy ass. :-) I'm not ready to "bring it". It ain't not joke is right.

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie