Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Just keep going... just keep going....

I am horrible at coming up with blog titles. Really bad. Oh well, you still love me.

So let's start with my weekly update, which is kind of a bummer. Just as I thought, that 3lb loss was probably a fluke and I am up 2 pounds from that. So to make myself feel better I am ignoring the 3lb loss and instead thinking of it as me losing 1 lb ;)

My food intake has been "meh" but I been on a roll with the exercise this week. I hit the gym for an hour of cardio on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, and Wednesday. I dragged my butt to Body Pump Tuesday night and am still sore.

I have to admit, cardio has been tricky for me lately. I used to be able to go to the gym and spend 45 min on a treadclimber and burn 400-500 calories. Unfortunately while treadclimbers are great things for burning calories, they are difficult to keep running properly. Because of that, our gym got rid of them all.... cue sad face :( That leaves me looking around trying to find something I want to use. Somedays I will go to Zumba and thats fun, but other days I am just not sure. Elliptical and bikes make my toes goes tingly and I hate that. So I find myself on a treadmill.

Not that treadmills are bad.... but I tend to skimp and just walk sorta fast on them if I am not careful. I have to tell myself.... if you are on a treadmill for an hour and not drenched in sweat, you are doing it wrong. So my cardio routine lately is setting the treadmill to the 5K sport routine so it adjusts the incline randomly and doing 30 minutes of walking like that (speed 3.0 - I am short!). At the 30 minute mark I start doing intervals of 3 min running, 2 min walking for another 30 minutes. This has been seriously kicking my ass and no doubt I am drenched in sweat afterwards. I need good music to make it through it, but I do it.

After the last week, my entire body just aches.... but I have to just keep going. Soon it will be habit right and I won't mind?

Leaving you today with a list of low cal snacks my fellow twitlosser @mamakitty posted to twitter this morning:

25-30 Calories

Celery sticks
1 small tangerine
Lettuce
1/2 cup watermelon
Cucumbers
1/4 cantaloupe
Green peppers
1 small tomato
Mushrooms
1 medium carrot
Cauliflower
1 cup popcorn
Broccoli
12 pretzel sticks

35-60 Calories

1 medium peach
1 small apple
1 medium nectarine
1 small orange
1/2 grapefruit
15 grapes
1/2 cup skim milk
12 cherries
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 cup strawberries
3 saltine crackers
1/4 cup cottage cheese
1/2 small banana
4 small shrimp

Source: http://www.xomba.com/fruit_and_veggie_calorie_counting_cheat_sheet

2 comments:

Trish on May 28, 2010 at 11:39 AM said...

Thanks for posting the snack list. I am going to copy it :) I miss my treadmill :(

Anonymous said...

Thanks for re-posting that! I couldn't find the damned link anywhere! LOL

The elliptical makes my toes tingly if I haven't done it for a while, and yeah it does kinda suck, but you eventually get over it. I love how many calories the elliptical burns... 10 minutes on it the other day & I burned about 150 calories at level 3 (weenie level).

You're doing WAYYYY better than me at actually going to the gym, so I'm super proud of you! Rather than JUST doing cardio though, you might want to do some weights too. Not too much weight, because you don't want to look like a body builder, but it's still a good idea to incorporate them into your workout. It helps you tone your muscles & still burns lots of calories, so you're still dropping weight. It also helps you lose inches faster - which feels GREAT when you do... I LOVE the fact that my jeans don't fit anymore cause they keep sliding off my bum.

Keep up the great work girl! I'm proud of you!!

MamaKitty

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie