Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Another One Bites the Dust

You did nothing to deserve it, but you're getting Freddie Mercury in his underwear shorts. No, no, don't thank me. It's my PLEASURE!



Heh. Watching that made me really happy!

Anyway, hey everybody! Sorry today's post is late. Last night was crazy with about 400 people (despite what our print media reported) coming out to protest library closings. I stood outside for 3 hours talking to an overflow crowd who couldn't get inside the building (due to fire code restrictions) and trying to keep everyone's spirits up. No cardio involved, but there should be points for standing outside, right? I mean, it was chilly! :-)

This was a much better week, even though I am still not back on track as far as working out goes. My goal is for 200 minutes/week. Last week? um....57 minutes. But they were QUALITY minutes, right? Um....probably not. LOL. Don't know if I am fully back yet, or if I still have an RT hangover, but I hope to at least double the minutes this week. I have 31 minutes so far.....
(By the way, I have 2/3 of my RT thoughts up on my blog here and here if you're interested.)

I AM back to the food tracking, though. It helps to do it, even if I go over the amount (1550) Sparkpeople thinks I should have. Who asked them, anyway? It actually makes me feel better because when I think I totally blew it, turns out it was just 100-200 over. That is a lot, but not enough to become distraught. Makes it easier to jump back on the wagon the next day instead of saying the whole week is shot because I had a cupcake.

Hmmmm.....cupcakes........


The three main problems I've noticed: I do NOT eat vegetables. I do NOT drink enough water. I am chronically over my sodium intake. And, by "chronically" I mean every single day. Everyday. For someone with high blood pressure, this is NOT a good thing. I hate salt, so it isn't that I'm salting the hell out of everything. This is all from packaged foods. Packaged foods have a hell of a lot of sodium, and that is mostly what I eat. Being too lazy to cook is going to kill me unless I do something drastic (like stop being too lazy to cook!)

I'm not a fan of vegetables. Looking back over the past two weeks, I don't know that I've had any. Maybe one day. One meal. One serving. I love spinach, but I don't eat it very often. I'm a midwesterner! We like our vegetables starchy! Potatoes! Corn! You know, the GOOD ones.

And water. Sigh. I DO like water. Love it, in fact. But, for some reason, I don't drink nearly enough of it. Don't ask me why. I take it to work with me everyday and usually end up bringing it home. If I workout, I drink a lot more of it. That makes perfect sense. But, since I've not been working out......well, you get the picture.

SO, this week's "Gotta Do Better" is going to be water! (Because I can't face the other two yet...). I'm aiming for 8-8s a day, and will report back next week!

Tales from the closet:

On a GOOD note, I tried on a few of my "tracking" items today and they all fit! You know what tracking items are, right? Things that "used to" fit or things you bought hoping they would fit someday......I have a pair of jeans I used to love that I couldn't even zip in January. They fit, but they're still a liiiiiiiitle bit tight. I'd wear them out, but not out to dinner! I have a shirt that I bought that I could barely button, and now buttons fine, but is a little tight around the stubborn belly that refuses to vanish as fast as I want it to. And I tried on two pairs of pants that were a 16, which is a size smaller than I wear. One was really loose. One was okay. So, maybe I skipped 16 and went right to 14? Who knows. At any rate, it was mostly all good news from the closet! My NEW tracking items are shorts that are all size 14s and I couldn't even get a leg into last summer. They laughed when I pulled them over my ass and tried to button them. Shorts can be so mean sometimes.

So, this week, just getting back on track with food helped me lose 1.8lbs for a grand total of 21! Glad for it, but miles to go before I sleep.....Happy Tuesday!

1 comments:

Tiffany @ KindleVixen on May 13, 2010 at 10:04 AM said...

Congrats Robin! Good job this week!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie