Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Derailed...again!

Well this turned out to be a life altering week. And not in a good way. I was once again derailed by life. I had a death in my husbands family this week, and it has been devastating to him and his family. Needless to say, we found out last Tuesday and I proceeded to vegetate on the couch with him for 5 days. I didn't worry about food too much, mostly because I think we just didn't really eat a lot.

I am back at work for part of this week before heading to the family to attend the funeral. I probably won't worry about the diet too much, mostly because I can't impose my diet on everyone else. Needless to say, this all happened right as I had a couple of deadlines at work making the whole experience more stressful.

A friend int he office reminded me that humans have different levels of optimal stress for inducing productivity. I realized how right she is, because I have been procrastinating at work and now that all this stress is on me to get it done, I am.

Anyway, I hoped on the scale Monday morning and realized despite the hideous five days previously, I had not gained back that much weight. About a pound. So, I am calling that a win and will try to get back in the swing of things over the next couple of weeks.

In the end nothing is as important as family. Give yours a hug today.

5 comments:

Lynette on May 26, 2010 at 7:48 AM said...

I'm sorry that things aren't going well for you right now. I wish you and your hubby the best!

Twimom227 on May 26, 2010 at 8:41 AM said...

*HUGS*

You have a good attitude going in to this awful situation. Try to remember to eat regularly(sometimes during stressful times we forget and then get so hungry we make poor choices). And there is always tomorrow.

Trish on May 26, 2010 at 5:12 PM said...

I am so sorry! My thoughts & prayers are with you and your husband! {{HUGS}}

Tiffany @ KindleVixen on May 27, 2010 at 1:12 PM said...

((hugs)) Danielle-sorry for your family's loss! :(

Anonymous said...

*HUGS* I'm so sorry for your hubs' loss. I know that times like this are difficult, and it's easy to fall off the wagon. You're staying positive (which is a good thing) and dealing. Email me if you need anything, even if it's just a friendly ear (eye). *HUGS again*

MamaKitty

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie