Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Day 71: GAME ON!


I gained a pound this week. I know, you're like that's not too bad. It's not really, but it's not like I don't know why. I wish I could be one of those people who don't see how screwed up they are and can't see the truth if it hit them in the face. Unfortunately, I have always been very self-aware. I know how screwed up I am! I just can't get motivated to fix it.


This is why I gained weight. I gained a pound because I'm a lazy heifer who although has been watching what I eat, still hasn't gotten motivated to get back on her work-out regime. So when I go to Wendy's for lunch and splurge on that Frosty with my chili or I tell myself I'm going to eat a couple (and it is really only a couple but still) of the Girl Scout cookies sitting in my house, I haven't been putting any extra effort into combating that. It also doesn't help that with work, family, and everything, I tend to run to the grocery store on a daily basis to grab something for dinner instead of doing what the rest of the world does and go grocery shopping every week.

Also, just because I am self-aware, doesn't mean that I can't place blame on someone else too. I'm annoyed with the hubster, because lately when I get home from work he's been pretty good about going downstairs and running on the treadmill and I haven't followed suit! What I'm usually doing is reading, messing with the kiddos, or on Twitter. I've been telling him he needed to work out for years. It is so unfair of him to suddenly start listening to me! Why is he listening to me? What is the world coming too? What happened to that lazy man I married! What happened to the man who kept telling me that he was going to work out with me and then when I started doing it, never got up? He's annoying me, folks! LOL!

It's on. I cannot let that man I married get in better shape than me. This is so unfair of him. He should know better.



So the first step in my game plan is too stock up. I'm dragging the family grocery shopping tonight. And I'm stocking up on healthy foods and I'm going to buy a bunch of stuff for the juicer I wrote about before that the hubster bought me and I've barely used. Also, if a couple huge containers of peanut butter (the hubster's weakness) happen to get in our grocery cart, then I'm not sure how that happened! We do have two young kids who love peanut butter sandwiches.

I know I'm mean and I am joking (mostly).

I'm also determined by hell or high water, to get back on 10 Minute Trainer. I'm going to stop trying to stay up and read and I'm setting my alarm clock early people. I can do it, especially since the kids have been acting like that haven't been raised by hyena's and have been decent (for the most part) about bed time lately!

I'll let you know how it's going next week!

Day 1: 155 pounds

Day 8: 150.5 pounds
Day 15: 151 pounds
Day 22: 148 pounds
Day 29: 150 pounds
Day 43: 150 pounds
Day 50: 150 pounds
Day 57: 148 pounds
Day 64: 147 pounds (really 146.9)
Day 71: 148 pounds (really 147-9)

5 comments:

Dara Young on May 10, 2010 at 3:39 PM said...

You can do it Lynette! Don't let him win!

Trish on May 10, 2010 at 3:57 PM said...

YES don't let him win! A little competition sometimes is the best motivator! Yeah Game on!

Twimom227 on May 10, 2010 at 5:46 PM said...

I too gained this week - 1.4 lbs. I really went to town this weekend with my over eating. And like you, I just don't feel motivated to fix it. Today I was on the right track, but 2 big emotional punches put me and a gallon of icecream together. UGH!

Pearl on May 10, 2010 at 10:52 PM said...

Go Lynette! Go Lynette! You can win this!

Lynette on May 11, 2010 at 5:42 AM said...

Thanks guys. I did go shopping tonight and only bought one thing of peanut butter, though I was tempted to buy more. Of course, i overslept this morning again. Sigh!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie