Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Celebrate!

Sorry everyone! This was supposed to post yesterday. I was out of touch and had no idea it didn't publish as scheduled. -Dara

That is what I am doing today! Celebrating. I am celebrating my 2lb loss since last Tuesday. I am also celebrating the total 4lb loss over the last few weeks. (See my ticker! It moved!)




So, obviously eating as a form of celebration is out. What's a girl to do? Well, for me. I bought a book. I picked up Mary Jo Putney's Never Less Than A Lady it is the 2nd book in the Lost Lords series. I got the first one free on Amazon's Kindle site and so had to get this one!

Last week was a pretty good week. Clearly laying off the booze is helping. Although I did slip Friday and have one (large) beer at dinner. But hey one beer in one week isn't so bad. I am pretty happy about it. I have also been using the diet shakes more and not snacking in between. Probably a key factor in my success. Now if I can get my but back in the workout rhythm I think I can capitalize on this start.

My darling husband has even commented he could tell I have lost some weight, so it's a win all the way around!

Now, what I want to know is, as you are working toward your own weight loss (or other) goal, how will you celebrate? Are you planning something different than you might normally as a celebration?
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Baking with Melissa™ on May 20, 2010 at 12:56 PM said...

what diet shakes are you using?

Baking with Melissa™ on May 20, 2010 at 12:57 PM said...

ps congrats! 4 pounds is SUPER!!! I recommit myself every single day...one of these days I will lay off the M&M's and do it already! xoxoxo

Pearl on May 21, 2010 at 8:16 AM said...

Yay! Congrats on the weightloss!

Books as celebration/awards is a very good idea...I am going to ponder how to incorporate it.

I haven't thought about how to celebrate when I reach the end goal. A whole new wardrobe is definitely in the works as I LOVE to shop and by that time will be in dire need of one!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie