Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Can't Touch This

As if you didn't know what was coming. Even though I was home sick, I still got my cardio in for the day. Thought maybe I should share some with you!







Okay, now that we got that out of the way..... I don't have much in the way news to report this week. I stayed home sick today and completely forgot to weigh in before stuffing my face. So, just for the sake of consistency, maybe tomorrow morning. Besides, who wants to talk about that when I can talk about my new obsession?


Yes, I have fallen under the evil spell of Whole Foods, and it started with a simple need for pine nuts. Somehow, last week, I got it into my head that I was going to make pesto. Pretty simple, but I've never done it. The grocery stores I normally go to (Kroger and/or Marsh) have pine nuts sometimes, but no guarantees they'll be there when you want them. A few years back, our locally owned indie market was bought out by Whole Foods, and I figured there was a much higher chance of finding pine nuts there anytime, so I wandered over.

Oh. My. God. I am not a foodie. Not in any way. The farthest I'll go is maybe a foodie hanger on. I'm an addict to cooking shows.......yes, all of them. But, when it comes to actually COOKING.....well......not so much. Whole foods will make you want to cook things. There are so many interesting ingredients, things you see on shows like Top Chef and Chopped. Even though I went there with the intention of getting things to make pesto, I also ended up buying Cilantro Lime Pesto (delicious.) Crab and Lobster ravioli (delicious) and my new absolute favorite Spicy Crab dip. Are you kidding me?! That is the best stuff ever! Garlic Naan, frozen Indian dinners....I spent way too much money. That's the down side of it all: Whole Foods really will take a whole lot of money. I certainly couldn't use it as my regular grocery store.

And, even though I am in no way a food snob, the food that I've eaten from there so far tastes fresher. It just does. That could all be in my head, but my head thinks it tastes fresher.


Tomorrow is my pesto making day, so hopefully it doesn't all go horribly wrong. But, if it does, I can just go back to Whole Foods and get more? Yes.....until I go broke.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

Mar on May 18, 2010 at 6:15 PM said...

Do you know how much I love that video? Ok confession, I saw MCHammer in concert back before he went broke and he was fab. I'm back on the twitloss wagon as of yesterday, so I'm looking for the healthier alternatives to all the crap I've been eating. Which is basically stop eating said crap. Anywho, good luck in your weigh in!

Pearl on May 21, 2010 at 8:13 AM said...

I commented a while ago on Twitter about the cooking show addiction I've formed since starting #twitloss.
I never used to watch them and now I can't stop watching them and thinking imagining eating what they're cooking in a few months' time :)

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie