Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

writing the weight away

There was a study recently showing that keeping a food journal can actually help you double the weight you lose. No really. I swear. Don't believe me? Here's the article.

The idea is that you keep yourself accountable with a food journal and it helps you to keep your diet on track. Too many people (myself included) have a habit of cheating, even if it's "just a little bit" (also guilty). So keeping an honest journal (once again: guilty) helps you to drop more weight than you would if you weren't keeping a journal.
Personally, I think this is a fabulous idea, and I'm going to give it a ('nother) try. :)
Spring Break is next week, and Monkey and I are going to be together the entire week. Rather than holing ourselves up in the house (where I will inevitably get bored and hit up the pantry... repeatedly), I'm going to take her to the park, the zoo, the aquarium... ok, maybe not the aquarium. It's expensive and she's afraid of the building. Or the fish. Or something. Ask Trelaina. She'll back me up on this. Anyway, I'll be toting my trusty Food Journal Notebook (as soon as I buy one) everywhere, because I know I'll forget something if I don't carry it with me all the time.
Do you keep a food journal?

0 comments:

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie