Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

I have many names

I am a mother. I am a wife. I am a student. I am an employee. I am an animal caretaker. I am a cook. I am a maid. I am a secretary. I am a (bad) accountant.

I have many names. Unfortunately, I only have 2 eyes, 2 arms (with 2 hands), 2 feet, and 1 brain. Despite this (dis)ability, I still have to get everything done, and I'm not sure of how to get it all done without ripping my hair out.

If you follow me on Twitter or read my personal blog, you know it's been quite the week for my poor kitty Ditto. There are a lot of issues going on with him, but nothing that's SO HUGE that we can't handle it. Yes, his bills are high, but we have the money to take care of him while still keeping our heads fairly above water. So why do I feel like I'm drowning and why am I crying ALL THE TIME?

Simple. Stress. I can't handle it. I cry, I scream, I complain a lot. I try to use my old tricks where I write, dance, or sing, but I don't have time to write, my body aches too much to walk much less dance, and... well, I still sing (mostly in the car or in the shower). Singing by itself won't reduce the mountain of stress that's falling on my head.

Normally, I'm an emotional eater. All this crap going on would have me running directly for the chocolate stash (which I threw out yesterday - go me!) but this time around? Not so much. Not because I'm not craving all things bad for me, but because I'M TOO TIRED. My body is drained, my mind is exhausted, and I can't handle it anymore. I haven't been eating perfect (Stouffer's family frozen dinners, mayo & turkey sandwiches, Dominos pizza...) but there's a silver lining in all this that I haven't been eating as crappy as before.

My weight hasn't changed much (according to my scale at home), so I'm praying when I go to the doctor today it's still ok.

How do you deal with stressful situations?

1 comments:

Tiffany @ KindleVixen on March 28, 2011 at 12:23 PM said...

I'm the same way my dear... emotional eater. BUT lately when I get stressed I go to the gym or find water and lock myself in a room. Ok I don't really lock myself in but I do shut myself away to decompress.

*hugs*

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie