Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I did it!!!!


Last week I met my goal of running a mile straight without stopping. Although it wore me out, I had the biggest smile on my face when I was done. My new goal is to increase my speed. Right now it's sort of a jog so I'm hoping to increase that into a faster run but it's a mile!!!!!

I know to some of you running a mile straight isn't that much. At the beginning of the year when I started going to the gym I couldn't walk out to the end of my driveway to get the mail and I was out of breath. So I'm really excited and proud of myself that I met my goal. Smoking really messed my breathing up and I'm so glad I don't smoke anymore.

Anyhow,  I worked with my trainer today. I'm working with her on Monday's and Wednesday's and starting next week I'm adding Friday to the mix.

Her workouts are really hard but I'm not giving up. I may have to take a second to get my breath but I get right back at it. I loathe doing squats and this exercise called The Plank. If you don't know what that is you can check it out here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHQmRINu4jU

Here are my stats this week:

Starting weight: 210 lb

Last week: 196.2 lb

This week: 196.8 lb

No change weight wise but my trainer assured me that when you strength train you add muscle which of course weighs more than fat so you might not actually drop pounds but you'll lose inches. Monday she's going to take new measurements and I'll get to see how much I've changed in the last month or so.

Hope your having a great week so far.

1 comments:

Tiffany @ KindleVixen on March 7, 2011 at 1:53 PM said...

Oh god, I hate planks! Congrats on the mile tho, that is AWESOME!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie