Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sorry

Sorry I didn't post last week. Things have been a little bit crazy. I went in for my well woman appointment because I hadn't been since 2008 (I know - I'm bad). Anyway, I went in to get a checkup and also to let my nurse practitioner know that I found a lump in my right breast. Long story short she sent me for a mammogram since I've never had one. She said that when you turn 40 (I'm 39) women are suppose to get one every year. Yay! Not! She seemed to think the lump was a cyst but wanted me to have the mammogram as a precaution.


I got my results back Monday afternoon. The lump that she thought was a cyst actually turned out to be a mass. I have a total of 3 masses in my right breast and a few cysts. I can't begin to tell you how freaked out I have been since then.


I went late Monday afternoon to see a surgeon. He was over an hour late to our appointment and spent a total of 5 minutes with me. He believes two of the masses are benign but one of them he's not sure whether it is benign or malignant. 


He tells me he wants another radiologist to read the films and that he will call me once he has that done. No, I'll go ahead and see you back in a week. Just I'll call you. Obviously I did not like this guy at all. His people skills really sucked and his personality was horrible. I really wish I could find a woman doctor. In fact once I hear back from this guy, I'm going to get a second opinion.


The nurse practitioner told me that I would have to get a needle biopsy done on the three masses and this guy hasn't mentioned a thing about that. I don't know. I'm sort of confused, freaked out and dumbfounded about this entire thing. The doctor tells me "Don't worry about this" but how can I not worry? I have 3 lumps in my breast ranging from 1.1 cm to 2.9 cm's along with several cysts. I think I have a valid reason to worry.


Anyway, that's pretty much what's going on with me.  This past weekend I pretty much ate everything I wanted. I've been so stressed out that I really have not been sticking to the eating healthy thing. I'm still going to the gym and Monday I started doing better with my eating habits. I'll just be glad when I know for sure exactly what I'm dealing with here.


Here are my stats this week:

Starting weight: 210 lb

Last week: 194.0 lb

This week: 196.8 lb



3 comments:

Dara Young on March 16, 2011 at 1:48 PM said...

No need to apologize! (((Hugs))) I hate that you have to deal with this. I have cysts on a regular basis, and I remember the first time I went through the "we found a lump" discussion. FREAKED ME OUT!

Go get a 2nd opinion now. Do not wait. If for no other reason than you don't like this doctor. You need someone who will inform you and help you make the right decisions. 5 minutes is not enough.

As for the cysts, those can be drained by a needle if they are bothering you. Mine hurt like the dickens, so I avoid caffine and I use disposable razors one time only. Those are 2 of the suggestions I got from a female gyno.

I am sending you good boobie vibes and lots of hugs! Hang in there!

Christy Townzen on March 16, 2011 at 3:38 PM said...

I will definitely be getting a second opinion. Waiting for the doctor's office to call me back with information on another doctor.

The cysts don't seem to bother me...thank goodness. I'm just really concerned about having a mass (masses) in there benign or otherwise. Scary thing.

Tiffany @ KindleVixen on March 20, 2011 at 12:20 PM said...

Agreed - no apology necessary. Keep us updated *hugs*

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie