Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Twitloss Wants YOU!


Yes! We want you! Have you been following #Twitloss since the beginning? Maybe you found us recently? We don't care! We are looking for guest bloggers to share their weight loss experience. You can do a guest post about anything. Maybe tell us where you started, where you are today, and where you want to be. You can talk about the secret to your success. You can talk about your favorite diet recipe. It's all fair game.

As you know we are goal oriented ladies, so our goal is to have one or two guest bloggers each week. We can schedule way out so everyone will get a chance to join in the fun! Just leave a comment with your email address and/or your Twitter handle so we can find you and make arrangements. We can schedule you to post soon or if you need a few weeks that's okay too! And if you want to tell us what you'll blog about that would be great!

Now on to my own status...bleh. I rode the stationary bike for an hour and five minutes last night. I forced myself to do it. Today I have to go to a retirement ceremony...that means cake. I have already decided I don't want any. I will not eat any. I won't. If you are on Twitter around 11am PDT I may need moral support...so keep an eye on the #Twitloss hash tag.

Weight wise...I am not talking about it. I got on the scale on Thursday last week and well - it wasn't good. So I started thinking about why I keep failing at this weight loss thing. I am a Type A, goal driven, successful woman. Why the HELL can't I lose weight?! I came across a few blog sites and other diet related websites with articles on willpower. One of them really struck a cord for me...the benefit has yet to outweigh the consequences. Loosing weight just isn't important enough for me to give up foods that I love. I wasn't making it important. Now there are all kinds of implications here...I don't feel worthy of the weight loss, I am scared of failure, emotional eating...

I think I have to decide that I love myself enough to do this. I am worth the effort. This post feels like an echo of my Digging Deep post, but honestly I think it is another layer of the onion. The more I recognize the emotions around my weight gain and inability to loose the better chance I will have of succeeding. So there it is. I will remind myself of my promises and in the end I will fake it until I can make it. That means baby steps...

4 comments:

Jenn on July 7, 2010 at 9:41 AM said...

I'd love to do a guest post in a few weeks. I've been doing weight watchers for a few years now, I'd like to write about what success and what failures I've had.

I'm @iheartreading on twitter or jenniferyandle (at) gmail (dot) com.

Trish on July 7, 2010 at 9:54 AM said...

You know I would love to quest post, you & the other #Twitloss ladies have helped me so much, I would love to be able to give back.
You can find me on Twitter @TrishB
or email trishbrittingham at gmail dot com.

Dara, those feelings are so genuine and touch a cord with me. Hence why I was and still am fat for so long. One day it will click, I promise you. It happened to me. And try not to think about giving up what you love, think about making them differently so they won't impact your journey negatively as it has in the past. You can do this!! {{HUGS}}

mslizalou on July 8, 2010 at 12:41 PM said...

I started following y'all once I saw all the #twitloss post on twitter. I've been doing Weight Watchers since August and would love to do a guest post. My big challenge is going to be keeping on track when I go to RWA at the end of the month. I would love to post how I did when I get back.

I'm @mslizalou on twitter and my email address is mslizalou (at) comcast (dot) net.

Lynn Crain on July 20, 2010 at 6:15 PM said...

I would love to post about weight loss next week or beyond or anytime you ask me to do so. I'm putting up my complete diet diary on my own blog, http://journeyfromfat2fit.blogspot.com/ and what I'm doing would be considered unconventional but I needed to kick start myself in order to really start losing some weight.

My email is lynncrain@cox.net and @oddlynn3

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie