Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summer is halfway over... how are you doing?

 Summer seems to be flying by... we are in the second half of July already and I feel entirely unprepared for the rest of it! With summer I made a lot of promises to myself...:
1. Read more.... (ugh! I have so not followed through)
2. Get to the gym daily as it gives me and the kids a break from the heat (ugh, double ugh!)
3. Drink more water (ok a bit better at this one).

I hate to admit it, but I have been in a sort of funk this summer so far. Hermitting myself away from friends and just moping about the house. Ironically, I've lost more weight than any other time so far...but I think that has more to do with a smaller appetite because of the heat and lack of sleep I have been getting.

I need to take advantage and get back on the horse for these last 5 weeks or so. I need a routine, a habit. If I go into the school year without being set in my ways on a few certain things, I will fail. This fall I have 15 credits I am taking, both kids will be in school all day.... busy is probably an understatement!

So with that, I am renewing my summer promises. I will get to the gym 5 days a week, I will drink more water. I will make a stronger attempt to sleep more than 5 hours a day. I will finish a book! ;)

On the good side: I am down another 2 lbs since my last post. At least things are still going in the right direction, tho it frustrates me to think how much better they could be going if I could get a handle on things!




Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


So, how is your summer going? Have you made any changes because of the heat and how are you doing with them?

3 comments:

MamaKitty on July 22, 2010 at 5:53 PM said...

Ugh. Summer. Summer in Texas. Double UGH!

I've been drinking a LOT of water lately. I've always preferred water over soda, but now I don't even have any in my fridge. It's too freaking hot to bother with that stuff. I backed off the coffee to wake up for class in the mornings. And I'm wearing capris & shorts more often than jeans. Those are my biggest concessions to the ridiculous, oppressive Texas summer heat.

You can do this! I will make sure to stay on your butt. If I'm going to suffer at the gym every day, you will to! ;)

Partymomma on July 22, 2010 at 5:58 PM said...

It's never to late to dust off and start over. I am just starting but we sound like we are in a similar place. I have 2 kids (in scholl sept) and I am going back to college. I felt like starting a routine before school starts was essential too. I'll be following you

WEIGHT LESS NOT MORE on July 22, 2010 at 6:22 PM said...

Getting into a routine is key because I could talk myself out of going to the gym every day. So I don't give myself the choice, home from work, change clothes and go. As Nike says - Just Do It

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie