Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

My body aches. Send help.

Weight wise, not much to report. I am down about half a pound this week.. not much but I took 3-4 days off of cardio. The last two days I have been back at it. Pushing myself to run more of my time and my body is complaining about it. Who says that we are supposed to feel all refreshed after activity?!?! I think they lied. I am drained. My legs and feet ache. I need a hot tub or a full body massage... yet I have neither. sigh.

I am struggling food wise this week... its getting hot, no one wants to cook. I don't even like to cook when it isn't hot! Naturally this means I am floundering trying to feed myself and the troops. Waffles and peanut butter sandwiches are not a well rounded meal .... shocking i know!

So I am looking for easy, healthy, hot weather dinners.... any ideas? This is what i have found so far:

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken  - looks yummy and would be great on a roll with some cut up veggies or a nice salad

Honey Chicken Kabobs - these just look delicious with some rice maybe?
 
Taco Salad - I am going to alter this quite a bit.. no salad dressing, make the beans from dried, no avacado or corn chips. But I love taco salads!


So... what's on our menu now that the heat is rising?

2 comments:

Trish on July 12, 2010 at 7:13 AM said...

Lots of salads and things I can cook on the stove top or electric grill! Taco salads are one of our favs! We eat them at least 2 times a month!

Dara Young on July 12, 2010 at 1:26 PM said...

Anything my DH will make? I know...not diet oriented, but wow I am tired right now!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie