Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

and they're off (again)

You must believe me when I say that I did NOT want to use this video. Not today. Not ever. But, when I jumped in the car this morning, this was on the radio. I thought I could shake it, but it is STILL IN MY HEAD. So, now, it gets to be in your head. Don't blame me. The radio hates us.



Okay, now that that is out of the way, there is okay news, good news, and lazy ass news. Which do you want first? Lazy ass news it is!

I haven't worked out in a week. That's right. I have done absolutely NOTHING for the past week! Nothing. No treadmill. No DVDs. No gym. No weights. No walking around the parking lot. No crunches. No push ups. No thing. How do I feel? Um... kinda weak and lethargic. Exhausted. Getting back on the workout wagon will help, but I can't manage it. I'm blaming PMS, who's with me? (You people are enablers, the lot of you!)

The okay news is that, even though I've been a lazy ass all week, I've still lost 3.2lbs. This really is sending the wrong message. Don't workout and lose weight? Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is like the anti message. But, I'm sure there is a direct connection between lack of cupcakes and lack of 3.2 lbs. Hmmm....

The GOOD news is that I got a silver star (or a B+) on my doctor appointment last week. She was impressed with my weight loss efforts. My blood sugar, which is high but not high enough to be on insulin (Thank GOD) is lower. And, she said, if it is just a teeny tiny bit lower when I go back in December, I won't have to take any medicine at all anymore. How is THAT for a Christmas present?! So, with that motivation......maybe I can make it back to the gym. :-) Happy Tuesday!


5 comments:

Trish on July 13, 2010 at 5:46 AM said...

Thats is awesome! And no I did not listen to the video, I can't do it, it's to early..lol!

I have found sometimes if I take a few days off from working out it tricks my body and I actually lose weight. So really it isn't bad!

Jenn on July 13, 2010 at 6:26 AM said...

Yay for losing 3lbs and getting a good grade at the Dr! I think sometimes we all need a break. As long as you get back on the workout wagon I don't think there's anything wrong with taking a break!

Dara Young on July 13, 2010 at 9:04 AM said...

Good for you! Keep working on that blood sugar. It is very important! And get back to your exercise routine. No enabling here. Just whip cracking! LOL!

Lynette on July 13, 2010 at 1:29 PM said...

I'm so proud of you. Your doing much better than me! Especially with your doctor visit! LOL!

Robin Bradford on July 14, 2010 at 5:22 AM said...

Thanks all! Yes, that blood sugar thing is much importante! Gotta get that shizz on lockdown! :-) Lynette, I had a head start!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie