Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

How do you US people do this & Sweet Potato Fries are the DEVIL!




First I must apologize for the second time for forgetting my post last week and I am afraid that the coming weeks posting my #twitloss blogposts are going to be challenging as I have a lot of books to read for review and reviews to write and I have a houseguest coming week and will also be going to London for 2 days. Busy much?
I hope you guys will forgive me, if I don't get around to posting my weekly post now and then...I promise to do my utter best to try and keep it up, but sometimes other stuff take precedence...

But this week I didn't forget and I found a free moment so I can catch you guys up on how I'm doing. As announced I went on vacation to L.A. and had a BLAST!

Met with Dara (dyromance) and I was sorry I couldn't chat more with her. We did talk a little bit about #twitloss and I expressed to her how much I admired you guys in the US for dieting and trying to lose weight. I was in L.A. for 2 weeks and gained 4 lbs!!!!! How do you guys resist the churros, the subway sandwiches, the bagels, the pancakes, the lemon squares....yes these are all things I stuffed in my mouth during my vacation and early on in the vacation I discovered the bane of my dieting existence. I call them THE DEVIL: Sweet Potatoe Fries!!!!! OMG I am so happy this is not common here in the Netherlands because I would never be able to stick to my diet if they were. You know what I told hubby? "As soon as I'm done dieting and I've reached my goal weight I am having home-made Sweet Potato Fries (notice how I capitalize the words...that's how I show my adoration of this DEVIL FOOD!)



So I gained during the vacation and this is the first time EVER I  have gained weight on a vacation. I always, always lose weight on vacation. But ah well, shit happens...so when I got back I knew I had to get my behind in gear again because I was already behind on the schedule before I left and now I had gained weight. I must say it wasn't too difficult to get back in the game of dieting and when I went to the acupuncturist the first time after I came back I'd already lost the 4 lbs and even lost another lbs...So compared to before L.A. I'd lost lbs in total. Me being me I started thinking that if I had stuck to the diet on vacation it could have been so much more but I soon kicked myself for that. One has to be happy with small achievements and not always crave more/better/bigger...yeah, working on that people.

Yesterday I went for my bi-weekly weigh-in again and lo and behold, another 4 pounds, which meant I have dived under the 160 lbs mark. It's been years and years since I weighed under 160 lbs so I must say I am happy. If I keep this up I might reach my goal weight somewhere in September/October...but for now let's focus on taking and enjoying this with babysteps.

And now for the stats:

Starting Weight: 192 lbs
Goal Weight: 132 lbs
Last Time’s Weight: 163 lbs (6 weeks ago)
This Time’s Weight: 158 lbs
This Time’s Loss: 5 lbs (+4, -5, -4)
Total Loss: 34 lbs
This Week’s Hours of Zumba: 0
Last Week’s Hours of Zumba: 0
Total Hours of Zumba: 10.5

As you can see in the stats...I don't want to talk about exercise...Not.A.Word...

Hugs, 
Pearl

4 comments:

Gigi's Consignment Closet on July 16, 2010 at 12:30 PM said...

I j'adore sweet potato fries. I slice them thin, wipe with a cinnamon butter sauce,bake to crispy,then consume with no thoughts of sharing. :)I tend to make them only ard TG & Christmas so I hav 10 months to work them off.
But yes, they are devilish good.

Lynette on July 16, 2010 at 12:58 PM said...

LOL! Welcome back. So wish I would've had a chance to see you in person. Yes, I too adore Sweet Potatoe Fries. They are full of awesomeness!

Reena Jacobs on July 17, 2010 at 1:07 AM said...

Eating out is not your friend in the US. I watched Supersize about a month ago. Some of the non-Americans said even our small sizes are larger than their biggest sizes. Wow! When you consider the appropriate portion size at a meal is two fist, you can see how people can easily go over at any of our fast food joints. Heck! It's not just fast food, it's even at restaurants.

And the smart choices in fast food joints are not smart choices. Even a salad can have more calories than a burger! Now that's crazy!

As far as sweet potato fries, I hadn't even heard of them before moving to the south. The only thing to do with that is to wash it down with sweet (and I mean EXTRA SWEET) tea and pretend like you're doing the body good with the beta carotene. But remember! Only two fists full!

Robin Bradford on July 18, 2010 at 8:10 AM said...

I love everything about this post! Ditto on wishing I could have made it to LA to see you. Glad you had a wonderful time and even though you gained 4lbs, I'm glad you ENJOYED yourself. This whole #twitloss this is about LIFE after all. So glad you took a little time off and had a great time. And look, you made up for it. Don't even worry about how much farther ahead you'd be if you had done everything by the book. You were in a new place, got to see new things, try new things and had a great time. Life. That's all that matters. :-)

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie