Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hi! I’m new here at the Twitloss blog and really excited to be a part of this wonderful group of ladies.

Here’s a little about me….

I’m a single (divorced) mama with three amazing kids. Yes, they really are amazing. They can drive me crazy in no time flat when they start bickering but I wouldn’t have them any other way.

I’ve been divorced for almost 4 years now. After the divorce was final I decided to lose some weight and get in shape. I joined weight watchers, dropped 30+ lbs and was starting to look and feel better about myself. I was happy with the weight I lost but somehow things have gotten out of hand again and I’ve gained back what I lost and then some.

My awesome BF bought me a Wii Fit Plus for Christmas. No, he doesn’t think I’m fat, he says I could way 600 lbs and he would still love me. (what a guy) I actually asked for him for it since I loathe exercising and I’m hoping the Wii Fit will be fun and I won’t actually think I’m exercising. We’ll see how it goes.

Another tidbit about me is that I use to smoke. I haven’t smoked a cigarette since December 31st, 2010 and although it’s very hard...I don’t ever want to start back up.

I’ve smoked since I was 13 (I’m 39 now) and it’s really taken a toll on my health. I have breathing problems and you would think I would have quit before now. Actually, I’ve quit several times in the past but something always happened and I started smoking again.

This time I really, really want to quit for good. It’s a hasty habit, it stinks, is expensive and I’m looking forward to using the money I save to buy more books. :)

I’ve heard that once a person quits smoking they tend to gain weight and I’m sure this will happen to me but I’m hoping to make better meal and snack choices to keep the extra weight at bay.

So, that’s a little about me. I’m really looking forward to 2011. I want to get healthy, fit and live life to the fullest.

~Tyhada

3 comments:

Paige Prince on January 5, 2011 at 6:41 AM said...

Hola Tyhada! Welcome to the Twitloss blog and Happy New Year!

I got a Wii Fit as well, though we bought ours because one of Monkey's games requires it (or so I told PK... hehe). We can use them together!

I'm so proud of you for quitting! It's been 5 days now, right? That's awesome! They say the weight gain is because of the oral fixation. When my aunt quit, she started chewing on the end of her pens. I wouldn't suggest it because one wrong bite & you're different colors, but it's something to think about.

*HUGS*

Dara Young on January 5, 2011 at 10:02 AM said...

Congrats on quitting. DH is doing that right now too. He quit just before Christmas. He picked it up again out of nowhere after like 8yrs of nothing. Gggrrr! I refused to let him smoke in the house, and when he tried to sneak it there was hell to pay. LOL! Bless the weather for being so freaking cold he didn't want to go outside anymore! LOL!

Also, welcome to the blog! We are happy to have you join us this year and look forward to sharing your journey.

Christy Townzen on January 5, 2011 at 12:54 PM said...

Thanks Mama Kitty and Dara. Yes, it's been 5 days. I'm using the patches and hoping this time I can kick the habit for good.

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie