Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Another week....with results....


Hi everyone! Well, it’s been a week since my last post and I have good news. I’ve dropped a few more pounds.

Starting weight: 210 lb

Last week: 204.6 lb

This week: 201.2 lb

It racks up quickly when you gain it but takes a lot longer to shed it. I’m happy though. I’m still going to the gym 5 days a week and don’t want to go most days but I make myself.  I’m pretty much doing all cardio on the treadmill and elliptical.

Today along with my usual 3 mile walk and 5 to 10 mins on the elliptical, I tried to run. I only made it 1/10th of a mile before I felt like I was going to collapse. I would like to be able to run a mile non-stop by time summer gets here.

I remember Shiloh Walker tweeting that she started running 1/8th of a mile when she first started and now she can run 3 miles. Also, she’s got a really bad case of asthma. She said “If I can do it, Anyone can do it.” When you say you can’t it just means you don’t want to. (Sorry if I got that exact words wrong Shiloh….I got your point though)

Friday I have an appointment with Megan, my trainer. She’s going to help me set up a strength training routine and also talk to me some more about nutrition. That’s something I’m really interested in learning more about. I’ve set up a quick start program with her. It’s 3 training sessions for $99 dollars.

She was telling me yesterday that she allows her clients to have 4 cheat days a month and also expects them to lose between 6 and 8 pounds a month. So far I’m on track. I only allow myself to have one meal a week that is a cheat. Normally it’s half a cheeseburger with some French fries or a couple slices of cheese pizza. It’s amazing how good it tastes after eating healthy all week. :)

That’s about it for this week. As far as my quitting smoking, I am now 26 days smoke-free. Yay!!!

Before I go....I thought I’d list a few songs that are currently on my workout mix on my iPod.
  • Hey Baby (drop it to the floor) – Pitbull (feat. T-Pain)
  • In My Head – Mayday Parade
  • Boom Boom Pow – Black Eyed Peas
  • Club Can’t Handle Me – Flor Rida  (feat. David Guetta)
  • We R Who We R – Ke$sha
  • Break Your Heart – Taio Cruz (feat. Ludacris)
  • Only Girl (In the World) – Rihanna

 What songs do you listen to when you workout?

2 comments:

Pippa Elliott on January 26, 2011 at 12:41 PM said...

Way to go! I'm impressed - keep up the good work.
Grace x

Christy Townzen on January 27, 2011 at 7:11 AM said...

Thanks Grace....I struggle with going to the gym everyday but really feel good after a workout.

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie