Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Trying another route


I usually post on Fridays, but I had a big Veterans Day event at work and didn't have time to get to a computer. Yesterday was a whole big ball of crazy (appointment at 9, jewelry party at 10:00, and 2 year old nephew's birthday party at 2:00) beginning with my doctor's appointment at 9:00.

I went to the clinic to see how I'm doing on the Phentermine and to get my prescription refilled. I ran out a few days ago, I've been super-stressed because of work & school, and Aunt Flo's getting ready to visit, so the eating (especially of chocolate) has been a little out of control. I know I could have demonstrated some self control, and I kind of did... I mean, there's actually some chocolate left in the house...

I can't make excuses for myself. I have a problem when it comes to food and stress. Both Dara & I have talked about emotional eating/dealing with depression and stress before. It's not easy to get off that roller coaster. But I have to.

Yesterday while at my doctor's appointment, I discovered that I'd lost some weight, despite not working out over the past month. While it is a cause for celebration because I'm back under the 200 lb mark it still sucks because it's only 6pounds in the span of a month. I know I can do better!


I talked to one of the doctors last time about a product called Nu-Lean (that he's used before and had excellent results). It's a very strict diet (and I mean very strict) but it's to cleanse your body of toxins. And let's face it, I need to cleanse my body of all the shit I put into it. I opted not to do the Nu-Lean last time because I wanted to see how I'd do on the Phentermine and because Nu-Lean is kind of expensive. This time, I opted to do it. I can afford it right now, and I need to get over this stupid plateau. I haven't been able to get under 190lbs even when I was exercising and eating right all the time.

I start the Nu-Lean program today (the menu can be found here). It's going to last for 2 weeks, which means I'll be doing the cleanse during Thanksgiving so I won't be able to indulge in all the food. Which, let's face it, is probably a good thing. Also, I'm not a huge fan of turkey so it gets me out of forcing it down my throat to pacify the family.


Today on my list of things to do: put books I won't read again any time soon into boxes and in storage. Move the giant ugly ass bookshelf to the Dumpster downstairs (it's warped anyway). Set up the damned elliptical in its place. USE IT. Also, clean the rest of the house because holy hell, I let things pile up while I was pulling my hair out over all the tests I had last week.

3 comments:

Dara Young on November 14, 2010 at 2:46 PM said...

Good for you! Refocus. I feel the same way about breaking 190...can't freaking do you it! No matter what I do, Ggggrrr!

Paige Prince on November 15, 2010 at 7:52 PM said...

OMG I hate 190! It's such a bitch, taunting me from the scale. I remember when I was 18, fluctuating between 150 and 160, no problem. Why isn't it that easy to drop weight anymore? *cries*

We CAN do this!!

Anonymous said...

OKAY, just please don't lose sight of the fact that 6 lbs is still 6 pounds and is actually quite a healthy loss, a more permanent loss. Don't lose sight of that! These types of products and diets scare me, but if they end up being a good tool for you to use in your overall goals of weight loss and healthy lifestyle, then more power to you. Just don't beat yourself up over 6 lbs being lame, it's still more than a lb a week!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie