Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Jump Around

It's been awhile, right? I can't remember when my last post was. NO, don't go looking it up! You'll just make both of us depressed! There is a good news/bad news kind of situation going on. The BAD news is that I've gained back.....probably....ten lbs. The GOOD news is that I've only gained back 10 lbs! Given that I've basically done NOTHING for the past 3 months or so, that's not bad at all.

Except I'm kinda tired. Working out really DOES give you energy. I thought that was a myth, you see, because it kind of sneaks up on you. I mean, everyone I know hates to work out. I don't care what they tell you, it is not fun. It ain't. I just ain't. But there is that huge rush after it's over. I'm not sure it's all endorphins either. I think part of it is just relief that the ish is over for the day! And.......probably some endorphins as well. We like science here. No science deniers.

But the long term energy boost sneaks up on you. You don't even realize you have more energy, you just.....have it. I miss that feeling.

I haven't given up ALL of my semi healthy habits, though. I still use my food scale. Not as often as I should, but often. I measure chips, ice cream, candy, you name it. I still don't buy snacks to have around the house. Check that, I don't buy many snacks.....and I stay away from the snacks that I can't turn down. I have chips here, but I have no problem saying no to chips. They aren't a huge temptation for me. Cookies, on the other hand, are a problem. Cupcakes? Forgetaboutit.

My two huge problems/stumbling blocks/clusterfucks.... have been Fast Food (aka, Satan) and not working out. (aka The Devil.) Of course, not counting calories is bad, but who wants to count calories when you KNOW the number is going to be crazy because you had Starbucks for breakfast and McDonalds for dinner? So, we're staring over again. Better food choices, yes, but I'm not silly enough to think I can go from fast food to zero in one day. But what I can do is jump around. So, in honor of my new commitment....


1 comments:

Trish on November 9, 2010 at 7:12 PM said...

You go girl! Love your attitude, starting over. And I agree working out does give you energy. I have not worked out at all except tonight for 2 weeks from being sick. I am so tired all the time, so I can't wait to get back to it!

We can do it!!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie