Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

one week down, one week to go...

I've been on Nu-Lean since last Sunday. The meal program can be found here, but basically on the first two and last two days of the week, I'm allowed to eat only watery green vegetables, drink protein shakes, and take some of their cleanse stuff (which is a bunch of vitamins in liquid form). It kind of sucks because I want chocolate so bad right now, but at the same time, being on a diet as strict as this one is good - because I'm not eating everything in sight (which I tend to do when Aunt Flo is visiting).

On days 3-5, I'm allowed to have chicken or fish for dinner. Baked. No butter or salt or sauce of any kind. I can have a squeeze of lemon on it for flavor. Because I'm unable to eat plain baked chicken (it literally makes me vomit), I baked it in chicken broth. I was able to finish it, but I think I'll stick to tilapia with lemon from now on.

Day 1, I weighed myself at home (because the doctor's scale and mine are so different) and came up with 192. I taped my waist and then had PK do another measurement to make sure we got the same number. We did - 42 (oh GOD how did I get to a 42" waist?!).

It wasn't hard on day 1. I wasn't all that hungry, I had energy, and there wasn't a lot of temptation in the office or at home. I made sloppy joes for dinner for the family, which smelled awesome, but I was content with my protein shake.

It started to get more difficult on day 2 because I was craving meat so badly, but I managed to resist. Day 3 was easier because I was allowed chicken, but by day 4 I was craving bread and pasta. I ate a ton of broccoli for dinner and 2 small tilapia fillets (the meal totaled less than the 600 calories I'm allotted) and was full.

But (yesterday) day 5... Oh GOD, day 5 almost killed me. They had sausage at work that smelled so good I almost clawed through the wall to get to it. My boss & co-worker went to Bullrito's for lunch and brought the leftovers up to my friend who was visiting me... and who left it on the desk next to me. I made pizza for dinner since PK wasn't going to be home and I wanted something quick & easy that I wouldn't have to fight Monkey to eat. She ate half of the pizza (it's fairly small), and the rest sat on the counter staring at me. Taunting me. Begging me to eat it.

I managed to resist the pizza, but when I got up to snack on some Brussels sprouts, I did grab a small piece of chocolate bar. I'm sad that I gave in to temptation, but at the same time it was something I needed. I had a crap day, Aunt Flo is a bratface, and I was in a bad mood. So I had a very small piece of chocolate. I'm pretty proud of myself that I didn't eat the entire bar (because it is quite a large piece of chocolate), nor did I go through the pantry & fridge and eat everything in sight like I wanted to. Yay for resisting.

I have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow to see my official progress and to discuss how I'm feeling. Today, I weighed in at 187 on the scale and my waist is measuring at 40 (39 if I stand up straight & suck in). That's 5 lbs and 2-3 inches in a week. Can you imagine what I'd be able to accomplish if I were actually exercising? (I really do plan on setting up the elliptical - I just have to find a place for all my books! And the stupid birdcage).

How has your week gone? Have you given into temptation?

3 comments:

Trish on November 19, 2010 at 7:23 AM said...

You are doing awesome!! I gave in yesterday because A was home sick from school and he wanted cookies. We bakes some snikerdoodles and I had 1 or maybe 2...LOL!

Paige Prince on November 19, 2010 at 4:36 PM said...

Girl, I can't even tell you how much I want a freaking cookie. I'd sell my left arm for a cookie right about now. LOL.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! You're out of the 190s!! GO GO GO! Keep your eyes on the prize, nice job!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie