Pages

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Vegas on a Diet - NOT

Okay so I was in Vegas this past week. Exercise consisted of....walking. I did a lot of it. Way more than I expected even. Now, one of my favorite things to do is eat. I know, I know. That doesn't really work well with a diet. No it doesn't. Which is probably why I have not had a lot of success. But that issue aside, let's talk about the food in Vegas!

Part of our room package included meals at the Luxor's buffet. It was okay. The first night we were not impressed. It got better the next couple of days, but we had decided we would not eat dinner's there on Friday and Saturday because we love trying cuisines and restaurants we don't normally get at home.

So, Friday night we ate at Red, White & Blue at The Mandalay Bay because my DH was craving-- I mean like get-out-of-the-hungry-angry-pregnant-woman's-way craving --little-neck clams. You can't get those on the west coast on the half-shell. He ate a dozen and was blissfully happy once again. I had crab cakes and a salad...smothered in blue cheese. It is my kryptonite.

Saturday night I had the most amazing meal. We went back to Mandalay for dinner to Red Square, a Russian restaurant. Yummy! We had their tasting menu (essentially a fixed menu with some extras) that was very good.

I had the Fillet Mignon...oh my god it was so good. I can't tell you the last time I had a steak that good. We loved the atmosphere and really enjoyed ourselves. I tried things like smoked salmon (hate it still, sorry Dad!) and tasted caviar for the first time, which was totally overpowered by the smoked salmon. I had steak tartar for the first time, and no shock there but I loved it. Why? Well I eat my steak very rare. LOL! But that's another story for another time.

All in all, I did not over eat much, I was very aware of stopping when I felt full. Not overfull. I have not yet braved the scale to see the truth of my vacation, but I know I did okay. Bottom line, I had fun and really enjoyed myself. As of Monday, it was back to the #Twitloss grindstone, so ladies get your sneakers out, your water bottles filled, and your iPods loaded because I am on a mission! More on that next week....

Wanna hear about our room and what not? Check out my post on my blog.

What I want to know is, while I was in Vegas, what were you up to?

2 comments:

WEIGHT LESS NOT MORE on September 29, 2010 at 5:51 PM said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time in Vegas and didn't over do it. Great you're getting right back on the #twitloss horse.

Paige Prince on September 29, 2010 at 5:56 PM said...

OMG trying to diet on vacation is TORTURE!! Glad you did well though - it was too easy to eat until I was uncomfortable in NYC. Sigh.

The restaurant looks beautiful! What great atmosphere!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie