Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

New York, New York!

Hello fellow Twitlossers! I apologize for the lack of update last week. I meant to write one before I left for vacation, but with all the preparations, it slipped my mind. I'm such a bad girl!


Photobucket


So, PK whisked me off to beautiful Manhattan last weekend. We stayed from Friday until Monday, and let me tell you it was a whirlwind of activity! They say that New York City is the city that never sleeps - and they are right!! The City has this special kind of noise... kind of like a whooshing. But it's not irrititating. It's actually kind of soothing. What is irritating is the constant squeak of breaks that are overused (cabs are EVERYWHERE but they're difficult to catch) and horns honking.

New York was a magical experience though. The lights, the buildings, the history, the food... everything. I loved it! And I'd gladly go back in a heartbeat. No, really. A heartbeat.
I didn't bring any workout clothes, even though I knew there was a gym at the hotel we stayed at. I know, I'm a bad girl. But I knew that we were going to be walking everywhere anyway (we probably walked between 12 & 15 miles in the 4 days we were there) and I wouldn't have a lot of time to do much exercising even if I had brought clothes. Seriously, we packed a TON of stuff into the few days we were there. I'll blog about it all on my MamaKitty blog... probably next week. I haven't decided yet.
I felt myself getting sick the last day we were there, which sucked because I hate being sick, but at the same time, I'm glad it was at the end of the vacation. Being sick on vacation sucks even harder than being sick any other time. So I'm currently dreaming of hopping on the elliptical after I get off work, but it's not in the cards right now unless I want to die from coughing myself into a heart attack.
I put a few pictures up on my Photobucket and am posting them here. I mostly stuck to pictures that had something to do with Twitloss (namely: food I ate while I was there and drinks that we had the first night we arrived), but I snuck some pictures of the City because it's so beautiful. I wish I would've taken more, but I was so caught up in experiencing the trip that I forgot to document a lot of it. :(
So, how do you keep up with your diet/exercise when you're on vacation?


0 comments:

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie