Pages

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Topamax Week 1 - My Body, it is a Changing!

A while back I blogged about hitting the doctor for some weight loss help (among other issues - no not the mental ones, just gotta live with the fact I'm crazy) and he suggested a pill to help prevent migraines and help with weight loss. Well, last week in the madness of my life I got on the scale Monday morning. Now note here and now. I AM NOT putting this on my weight tracker. I refuse. I weighed in at 205. Did you hear me people? Two-Hundred-and-five-freaking-pounds!

Enough is enough. Look I know I cheat here and there, but I exercise and I drink diet shakes instead of eating food. For crying out loud I should at least be able to maintain the 195 I was at. Deep breaths. In. Out. So, I called the doctor. He called in my prescription and I started my pills Wednesday night. I read through all the lovely side effects...but I focused on the important two (besides migraine prevention). 1) Loss of appetite - that's right if I don't feel hungry I shouldn't eat, right? RIGHT?! 2) Loss of taste for some foods...please god let that be all things that have fat in them! ROFL! Okay I know it won't work that way, but maybe if I stopped craving sugar as much it would be easier, ya know?

Well, Tuesday was one week on the pills and I have to say I am not as hungry as usual. I wake up and my first thought is not, "What's for breakfast?". That in and of itself is a small miracle. I am happy to say that overall it seems to be working. Even to the point that I skipped cake that was in the kitchen at work today. Don't get me wrong, by the third trip in there it was taking will power, but it was so much easier to find because I didn't crave it like I crave oxygen. :D

And where does this all lead to? I am happy to say that I believe that with a combination of a few weeks of hard work in the exercise department paired with the Topamax I managed a 6lb drop this week! Woot! Woot! Now, I do not expect that to be a regular occurrence, but I would like to see a steady drop, especially since I am headed to Las Vegas in a couple of weeks. Wanna look my best for my vacation!

So, How are you all doing? Any successes you wanna share? Small or large? We celebrate just the same here at Twitloss!

4 comments:

WEIGHT LESS NOT MORE on September 8, 2010 at 7:40 AM said...

Sometimes a little sumin', sumin' to give things a jump start is just what the Dr. ordered (true in your case). I am sure your fabulous weight loss of 6 lbs will inspire you to keep up the great work!

Dara Young on September 8, 2010 at 8:22 AM said...

Yeah. It feels good after this really awful backslide! I hope to capitalize and make slow and steady progress from here on out. :D

Twimom227 on September 8, 2010 at 6:58 PM said...

I hope it all goes smoothly for you! I am back in the gym this week and eating sensibly. I after I lost 10 lbs back in Feb - May, I put them all back on this summer. Taking it slowly...

Kwana on September 28, 2010 at 11:45 AM said...

I've been on Topamax for quite a while for migraines. It has not helped with my losing weight, darn, would but I'm glad it did for you. Best of luck!

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie