Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Milestones

Even though I haven't had a lot of time to hit the gym recently, I've still been pretty good about the way that I eat. Now that I'm working, I'm up and moving around a lot more and have a lot less time to be bored and think that I'm hungry when I'm really not.

I hopped on the scale the other day and was dismayed to realize that I'd only dropped 2 pounds. But hey - it's 2 pounds. And it's not sitting on my ass anymore. So, I'll take it!

If you don't follow me on Twitter, you probably haven't heard that I'm going to New York next weekend with PK. Yup, we're headed to The Big Apple! I've never been, so I'm really super excited. I'm hoping to stick to my diet, but with all the places we're heading, I'm pretty sure that diet is headed right out the airplane window. Anyway, I decided that I needed to go shopping for some new jeans because the only pair I have that fit me a) have a broken zipper and b) slide off my ass towards the end of the day. So, I headed to Hell-Mart to get a new pair of jeans. Joy.

The thing is: when I got into the dressing room, I found that the size 16s I'd pulled off the rack didn't fit me. They were too big! So, I went back and got a size 14. And OMFG ladies, they fit!!

I haven't been a size 14 in five years.

I want to call Jose and tell him that even though I haven't had the time to hit the gym lately (and I miss him dearly), I'm still losing weight.

I visited the school's gym today just to see what they have available. The weight room is kind of pathetic, but they have a ton of elliptical machines so next week, I'll be hitting the gym after work. I'd go before work, but they double as classrooms, and unless you're taking a PhysEd class (which I can't take - the VA won't pay for it, since I went to boot camp), the rooms aren't open until 2:30. That's ok though. I get off work at 3:00 on Tuesdays & Thursdays, and I can move my schedule around so that I get an extra hour off another day in the week.

I want to take this milestone and run with it. I want to keep hitting more and more until I hit my goal.

What milestones have you hit recently?

4 comments:

WEIGHT LESS NOT MORE on September 10, 2010 at 6:32 PM said...

Woot wooot on the smaller size jeans! How exciting.

Have a blast in NYC and don't stress about the food, just enjoy the experience!

Twimom227 on September 10, 2010 at 8:01 PM said...

YEA! That is so awesome!! Unfortunately all of my milestones have been in the wrong direction. CONGRATS! and have fun on the trip!

mslizalou on September 13, 2010 at 2:51 PM said...

Woohoo on the 2 pounds and the smaller size in jeans!

I too got to buy smaller jeans this weekend. I went to Goodwill and found a pair with the store tags still on them. They were a size 12, so I just took them in to see if they might fit. Imagine my surprise when they not only fit, but felt great when I sat in them too. I don't think I've been in a size 12 in at least 5-6 years, so I'm over the moon.

Dara Young on September 14, 2010 at 9:01 PM said...

Congratulations on the size change! I know that feels good. :D

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie