Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Quick Check In

Holy cow it's been busy! I have been trapped (technically I am still there) in training for two weeks. I wrap up this week, and then I can get back to my normal schedule. Last week was a disaster for my workout and my diet. Stupid donuts. So here I am struggling along. Still. Are you all as tired of reading this as I am of writing it? I really want to sit down and be able to write about my successes. I want to shout from the hill tops that I have lost weight and that I am keeping it off.

I suppose if this was easy, everyone would have done it. Sigh. The numbers on the evil little scale in my bathroom are not encouraging, but DH keeps telling me he can see a difference. I dunno. I am probably overdue for a measurement check in, so that will come next week. In the mean time I want to start plotting...I mean planning for success in 2011. How about you? Any plans for successful weight loss in 2011?

3 comments:

Trish on December 8, 2010 at 6:34 AM said...

I'm going to keep trudging along, because in January it will be 1yr since I seriously started this weightloss journey. I am hoping & praying that I can still have the mind set to keep going. This is tiring, the up/down, watching/counting what I eat, exercise & more exercise. Sometimes I think this will never end & will be my life always.

Paige Prince on December 8, 2010 at 6:36 AM said...

You had a stumbling block in the form of a donut. We've all been there. But you can pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep going. You can do this! I know you can! You are an amazing woman and you've got us to be your cheerleaders! *waves pom poms* And I don't just cheerlead for anyone - I was #1 anti-cheerleader/goth chick in high school. So, I know you can do it. I have faith in you!

Oh, plans... they're so easy to make and yet so difficult to follow through on. If you know nothing else about me, you know I'm OCD about planning. I have an organizer, everything's on my phone, which is linked to my computer, AND I have a wall calendar at home that everything's written on. And yet, I can't manage to stick to a plan when it comes to exercise or diet. I like food. Or I guess I should say I like food that's bad for me. So my plan for next year? Eat less of the bad stuff. Find the time to work out, or at least do some walking. Live a healthier lifestyle, rather than dieting, since that's clearly not working.

Dara Young on December 8, 2010 at 11:05 AM said...

Thanks Trish and Mama for the support! I know, I really struggle with liking food too. I agree that making plans is easy, it's the following through that is hard. Hang in there.

 

About Us

We are a small group of women who met talking books and blogs on twitter. What better way to bond than to blog our journey to weight loss together?

Contact Us

twitloss (at) gmail (dot) com

Search This Blog

TwitLoss - women twittering with purpose Copyright © 2009 Community is Designed by Bie